Metro Systems is seeking a Windows Administrator to complete configuration, installation and support of server hardware and OS in a Microsoft Windows environment. The individual will also support VMware environment including all aspects of server administration with multiple ESXi clusters. Support Citrix environment including all aspects of server administration with multiple Citrix XenCenter hosts. Support and manage all aspects of Citrix PVS. And provide technical support for software application developers, database administrators, and other support staff.
- Works fairly independently, this role formulates or defines specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifies/maintains complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
- Is responsible for applications dealing with the overall operating system.
- Works at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications.
- Is responsible for working with an individual business unit on multi-project assignments.
- Guides and advises less experienced Software Systems Engineers.
- Monitored on project's progress and results. Errors may cause delay, expense and disruption.
- Under general supervision, supports Citrix environment, including all aspects of server administration with multiple Citrix XenCenter hosts.
- Provides direct support to manage all aspects of Citrix PVS and MCS. This role is also responsible for providing technical support for software application developers, database administrators, and other support staff.
- Working from specification to develop or modify, formulate and/or defines specifications for moderately complex operating software programming applications.
- Responsible for working with applications and is technically focused on the overall operating system, at the intermediate level, on various phases/aspects of the programming application.
- Manages the configuration and daily operation of the VMWare infrastructure (e.g. applying security patches, ensuring capacity and availability)
- Performs moderately complex troubleshooting and diagnostics, dealing with various issues submitted by clients in Dominion’s ticketing system
- Maintain HP Server Hardware to include the:
- Installation of rack mount server hardware in standard 80 inch racks within the confined spaces of clients’ computer rooms including:
- Installation of memory, CPU, Disk drives and other server hardware
- Maintain Operating System software and applications:
- Windows (2016, 2012, and 2008)
- Vcenter (ESXi 6.7,6.5, 6.0, 5.x)
- Citrix XenApp (5x, 5x & 7x), PVS,and MCS
- Adhere to Risk Management, NERC, and Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Possess the ability to build multiple servers at the same time following procedures;
- Must have the ability to adhere to department standards, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis.
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds and work from a step ladder at heights up to 96” to reach cable raceways.
- At least 2-3 years on the job experience in server management - including:
- Windows server OS (including 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008, and 2003)
- BladeLogic Server Automation
- VMware (ESXi 6.5, 6.0, 5.5 and 4.1)
- Citrix XenApp (6.5, 5.0, 4.5, and 4.0), PVS 6.1, and MCS
- Familiarity with server imaging (CloneZilla, BartPE, Ghost)
- Security Skills
- VMware experience and skills highly recommended
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- system administration: 2 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity: