ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (ADOT)
Driving the future of transportation with a diverse and innovative team
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
To learn more about the ADOT team CLICK HERE
Customer Service Representative 1 & 3
Motor Vehicle Division
Open until the needs of ADOT are met; this recruitment may close at any time.
Positions may be available at the following MVD locations:
Under the general direction of the ADOT MVD Office Manager, the Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for providing customer service by processing transactions related to driver and motor vehicle services. Click here to learn more about MVD!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Vehicle Registration
· Inspection and Title Work
· Administers written, vision, and road drivers tests
· Issuance and renewal of drivers ,licenses, permits, and identification cards
· Processing applications for licenses, registrations, titles, and permits
· Responsible for: accuracy and timeliness of work products, security of cash receipts, accountable forms, applications and licenses
· Variety of basic clerical/administrative duties
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· Public and customer relations and problem resolution techniques, practices and procedures
· Practices and reporting procedures established for the work unit for control and security of equipment, facilities, cash, records maintenance and forms
· Office procedures and practices including filing and records maintenance, business grammar, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic
· Responding to staff and the public with tact, diplomacy, and appropriate and timely information
· Retrieving, analyzing and inputting data via computer terminal
· Oral and written communication
· Applying basic arithmetic computation
· Properly applying laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures to the work unit
· Eliciting factual information and drawing effective outcomes
· Operate PC and related software necessary for the production of MVD related business, which will also include stand alone office equipment supporting printing, scanning, faxing, testing and vision testing.
· Record and deposit revenue
· Accurately provide program information, rules, regulations, laws, policy and procedures, and all applicable Arizona Revised Statutes.
· Work well with the public
· Adapt to very stressful situations
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
CSR 1 – starting salary $27,576
· Two years of experience in a high-visibility public contact, customer service environment which included the operation of a computer terminal, information processing equipment, automated cashiering equipment and handling or collecting of monies.
CSR 3 -starting salary $31,080
· Two years of experience within a related motor vehicle program.
If you are selected for this position, your qualifications will be reviewed to determine if you are qualified as a CSR 1 or a CSR 3.
Ø CSR 1 is our entry level training position
Ø CSR 3 has experience with ADOT MVD Customer Service, has completed some or all MVD Training, or has worked with a Motor Vehicle Department in another State.
This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Class D Driver License. Candidates for this position must complete and sign PART 1 and PART 2 of the State of Arizona Application for Employment at the time of interview, which will allow ADOT to obtain the candidate's motor vehicle record (MVR). The most recent 39-month period shown on the MVR will be reviewed in accordance with A.A.C. R2-10-207.12 (H) and (I). The review must show an acceptable driving record prior to any offer of employment being made by ADOT. Employment is contingent upon an acceptable MVR.
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
· Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
· Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
· 10 paid holidays per year
· Vacation time accrued at 4.00 hours bi-weekly for the first 3 years
· Sick time accrued at 3.70 hours bi-weekly
· Deferred compensation plan
· Wellness plans
Please visit http://www.azdot.gov/Inside_ADOT/HR/Employment.asp to learn more about benefits given to ADOT employees.
All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
ADOT supports a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of the Agency, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
To submit your resume click the "APPLY NOW" button below
Having trouble applying for this position?
Email [email protected] or call (602) 542-4700 for assistance.