Immediate opening for a project manager with creative talent, management and production skills. Join our dynamic, diverse and award winning 45+ person design firm conveniently located in downtown Oakland. Work on a variety of affordable housing, senior housing and educational projects. HKIT Architects is committed to sustainable design, a collaborative workplace and to architecture that enriches the community and the environment. For further information, visit us at www.hkit.com.
The position requires a motivated design and technically minded individual with a minimum of 10 years of experience leading complex multi-family residential, senior living projects or K-12 educational projects. Candidates must combine considerable design and construction detailing experience, strong communications skills, an interest in sustainability, a record of excellent client collaboration, with an ability to manage internal production teams and external consultants.
- Work with project principals to oversee all phases of multiple projects from conceptual design through construction administration.
- Serve as the main point of contact with the client and participates in team meetings throughout the project phases including construction. Actively manages client’s budget, schedule, program, and scope.
- Manage the design, detailing, research and full documentation on selected projects, providing expertise across multiple projects. Oversees agency approvals.
- Assign tasks to staff members and manage deadlines for all production phases including renderings, meetings and presentations. Oversee assigned project team(s).
- Produce and manage project schedules, work plans, client correspondence and documentation. Maintain project integrity including design.
- Assist in development of and manage project budgets and fees.
- Construction Administration
- Minimum of 8 years of experience designing, documenting, detailing and coordinating multi-family residential projects or senior living projects, affordable and market rate, or K-12 educational projects.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in architecture or similar discipline from an accredited program.
- Proven experience leading, mentoring & training junior and intermediate staff in all phases of project detailing and documentation.
- LEED AP is a plus
- Knowledge of high-performance building design and related software is a plus
- Work on certified green building projects is a plus
HKIT offers competitive compensation with full employee medical, dental & vision insurance, FSA and 401k plan. We provide support for licensure, and AIA membership. Compensation is dependent on experience & education.
Please submit your resume, project examples/portfolio
Job Type: Full-time
- Multi-family Housing: 8 years (Preferred)
- Design: 8 years (Required)
- Project Management: 8 years (Preferred)
- Construction Administration: 7 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Professional development assistance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative