Office Support Person – File Clerk (Part-Time)
Juvenile Probation Department
To prepare and organize any and all closed files for digital filing. Perform clerical and receptionist duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Organize closed file documents in chronological order;
Code each file in preparation for scanning;
Maintain a log for all scanned files;
Provide clerical support, including receptionist duties, on an as needed basis;
Promote positive teamwork and a healthy work environment;
Keep communication open with Office Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be computer literate with recent work experience using a computer.
- Ability to work in multiple computer systems/applications simultaneously.
- Understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality; able to maintain confidentiality.
- Good inter-personal, oral and written communications skills are required.
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, and well organized.
- Must take and pass clerical skills tests.
- Must project a professional demeanor, at all times.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Minimum of High School Diploma, or equivalency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to sit, stand and walk for moderate periods of time. Will be required to do medium level and/or heavy level physical work that would include reaching, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MUST TAKE AND PASS CLERICAL TESTS FOR THIS POSITION. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT UNTIL TESTING HAS BEEN COMPLETED. TESTS WILL BE ADMINISTERED MONDAY THRU FRIDAY 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM. NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY. TESTING LOCATION IS: ONE MONTGOMERY PLAZA 425 SWEDE STREET 9TH FLOOR HUMAN RESOURCES NORRISTOWN, PA 19401