Position will participate in a twelve month program which will develop the skills necessary to underwrite/service a garage book of business (including Non-Dealers and Dealers).
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop the skills necessary to review Garage new business, renewals, endorsements, and submissions in order to determine acceptability using established company guidelines. Develop skills around the identification of exposure to loss, adequate pricing, and the use of appropriate endorsements and exclusions.
- Develop the skills necessary to handle a book of business, including the review of past premium and loss trends, and overall profitability to achieve individual production and loss ratio goals through sound territory management and marketing.
- Develop the skills necessary to allow for monitoring of premium and loss ratio trends for Dealers versus Non Dealers along with understanding the process for analyzing premium and loss ratios for an assigned territory by agent, state and classes of business.
- Develop the skills necessary to perform a review of the agency plant and producers individually to evaluate their performance and overall contribution to profit; premium volume and trends, loss ratio and trends, location and CAT Prone potential (Catastrophe) wind, hail & hurricane.
- Handle policy maintenance items and other mid-term requests including the review of endorsement requests including processing necessary changes to policies. Develop the skills necessary to review inspections and make recommendations to the agent and/or changes to the policy.
- Participate in State Reviews and incorporate State Review findings into state Underwriting Manuals.
- Develop the skills necessary to contribute to training of agents in order to improve their understanding of the garage manual.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency with personal computers
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS
- You should be a recent or imminent graduate with at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Physical demands are considered to be that of an office environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion.This position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interactions with others meetings or via phone.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, long-term care benefits, education assistance and paid time off.
- Travel is required during and following the training period.
IFG Companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. M/F/D/V