Gastroenterology Consultants of Savannah has been providing the highest quality prevention and treatment of digestive diseases in a caring, compassionate manner for 39 years…and counting.
Specializing in the most advanced procedures and technologies, each patient’s care is managed by our impressive team of board certified gastroenterologists who are all leaders in their field. Backed by a highly skilled and friendly staff, GCS is committed to delivering compassionate care while providing colon cancer screening, diagnosis and treatment for gastroenterological disorders.
Focusing on improving and maintaining gastrointestinal health, each patient’s care is managed by our impressive team of nationally recognized physicians who are all leaders in the field of gastroenterology.
This is a full time position, based in our Stephenson Ave location. Duties include:
- Schedules procedures at the appropriate facility in regards to the physician order and insurance requirements with accuracy of the pre-set template
- Thoroughly reviews preparation for the procedure with patient along with answering any questions the patient has regarding the procedure
- Sends any required prescriptions to the correct pharmacy
- Verifies patent’s insurance and estimates the cost of the procedure based on the patient’s deductible
- Collects pre-procedure payments and sets up payment plans within the Phreesia system
- Completes all required documentation and enters note or alerts in the EHR system as needed
- Requests medical clearance prior to scheduling
- Schedules appointments within the hospital systems
- Communicates with vendor staff to ensure that all necessary equipment in available at the time of the procedure
- Schedule appointments to follow up from procedure
Education and Experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma and 3 years of procedure and/or surgery scheduling
Skills and Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with insurance benefits and eligibility
- Proficiency in using computer software (MS excel, Practice Management systems, EHR)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills with patients and staff
- Knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT codes
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Required)