Cost Estimator II
Position type: Full-time, exempt
The Estimating and Constructability Department of Bancroft Architects + Engineers is seeking an experienced Cost Estimator to provide estimating, marketing and departmental support to our “construction led” A&E firm. Your skills will be put to work developing Order of Magnitude estimates based on conceptual sketches and drawings, as well as producing line item estimates for schematic, design and construction documents. This position is based out of our headquarters location in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Although not all inclusive, responsibilities of this position include:
- Review project Scope of Work documents.
- Complete quality take-offs utilizing construction documents.
- Assist in developing base cost estimates.
- Contribute to developing Opinion of Probable Costs (OPCC) documents.
- Support Senior Cost Estimators in gathering and compiling construction estimating data and information.
- Support Senior Cost Estimators in researching and verifying materials, labor and equipment costs with the Architectural and Engineering departments, as well as Consultants, Suppliers and Manufacturers.
- Identify inputs and analyze data required and/or data sources for cost estimates.
- Review and update estimating support sheets.
- Collaborate with Bancroft’s Marketing department to provide up-to-date estimating effectiveness examples and assist with project solicitation/presentation development.
- Assist departmental and team leaders in the production of presentations, project submittals, drawing organization and other project documentation.
- Maintain and review both historical and actual estimating costs by project, geographical region and industry.
- Research and document industry data and trends.
- Participate in planning and estimate review meetings and site investigations as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Business, Architecture or Engineering. This individual will have experience in reading construction documents (e.g., drawings, blueprints, specifications, scopes of work, basis of design, etc.) and in using construction estimating software systems (e.g., Excel, MCASES, Access, Primavera, Blue Beam, MS Project, etc.). The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, with possible travel, as needed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Must have a minimum of two years of construction estimating experience.
- “In the field” construction experience preferred.
- Ability to understand technical text, construction drawings, product/performance specifications, CSI, Masterformat and Uniformat.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of construction systems and procedures.
- Willing to earn estimating and O.S.H.A. certifications, as well as other certifications as required.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong verbal, writing and communication skills.
The employee's compensation will be commensurate to qualifications and experience. Applicants shall present any salary expectations with submission.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cost Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
- Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 (Preferred)