Assistant Store Manager (Full-Time)
Join 7 For All Mankind, the first company to bring premium denim to the market, putting L.A. on the map as the fashion authority on premium denim. 7 For All Mankind is the leader in denim innovation and after almost 20 years continues to be a force in the industry it brought to life, with innovation in fits and fabrics and exciting collaborations and partnerships. 7 For All Mankind offers competitive bonus programs and generous incentive programs along with the opportunity for career growth with our brand.
As a leader on the Store Management Team the Assistant Store Manager’s key role is to ensure the highest level of customer engagement is met and sales results are achieved. The Assistant Store Manager assists the Store Manager with all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store, including driving sales, providing an exceptional customer experience, recruiting top talent and coaching and developing the team. In partnership with the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager ensures that all company policies & procedures, corporate directives and initiatives are enforced and properly implemented within given deadlines and ensures store standards are maintained.
- Contributes to the overall store success by ensuring store sales goals are met while also achieving individual sales goals.
- Responsible for delivering exceptional customer experiences and driving sales by styling and wardrobing each customer based on their needs. Responsible for setting the example for customer engagement that exceeds industry standards.
- Responsible for building client relationships and driving store sales along with excitement about our brand through client outreach.
- Communicates effectivity with Store Manager regarding individual goals and skill development updates, employee relations and day to day operations. Responsible for timely communication to Store Manager regarding any operational or policy compliance related matters.
- Assists with training, coaching, developing and motivating team to achieve maximum sales productivity.
- The Assistant Store Manager is an expert on store operations and policies & procedures, and ensures they are followed and enforced.
- Responsible for assisting with recruiting top talent to meet the needs of the business and retains talent that will contribute to sales growth.
- Assists with managing payroll and store scheduling within established guidelines to ensure proper coverage based on business needs.
- Assists Store Manager with day to day management of the store, in the absence of the Store Manager is responsible for all daily operations of the store.
- Represents the brand and ensures team members are embodying the brand in all interactions with customers and peers.
- Supports and executes directives from Visual Merchandising, Operations and Marketing and ensures that information is properly communicated to the store team and that all deliverables are completed within specified deadlines.
- Ensures Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed. Assist with financial/sales audits and inventories to protect the store from internal and external shortage.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to meet performance expectations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently operate cash register while following cash handling procedures.
- High level of initiative/self-starter.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- 3+ years of related professional sales experience in specialty or luxury retail and/or customer service experience and 1-2 years of management experience.
Diversity Vision Statement:
- Repetitive hand motion while operating cash register or computer.
- Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment.
- Standing required for entire work shift.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., computers, phone, fax, scanner and copier.)
- Must work weekend and night shifts.
- Climb ladders as needed.
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed.
- Occasional travel, often with little advance notice may be required. (including air and overnight travel)
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.