The Estimator is responsible for the evaluation of potential projects, compiling quotations, and formulating bid proposals. Tasks include collaborative evaluation of proposal requests with the estimating team, interfacing with manufacturers and reps for quotations, comprehensive review of all bid documents, accurate quotation entry, formatting of bids and spreadsheets, communication with general contractors, food service consultants, owners and organization/documentation all bid information.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Review of potential projects and bid requests with estimating team
- Collect critical information for bid proposal
- Upon analyzing the bid documents, generate bid clarifications inquiries as needed
- Vendor quotation requests
- Thorough bid documentation creation and review
- Review project schedule
- Review and incorporate addendums with Supervisor
- Review labor requirements with Supervisor
- Installation and Refrigeration
- Review Insurance and Labor Agreement requirements
- OCIP, PLA, Union, etc. requirements
- Verify quantities (Plans, specs & equipment schedules)
- Prepare bid forms and scope
- Submit pre-bid questions
- Review quotes for accuracy
- Request bid bonds and other documents as necessary
- Determine final bid amount
- Verification that all bid responsibilities are being performed
- Ensure proper completion of all pre-construction documents with Supervisor
- Assist consultant with design-build projects
- Create and maintain bid spreadsheets
- Bid follow-up for potential award
- Assist in contract scope review
- Formulize detailed bid and/or budget proposal
- Ensure all bid and contract information is clearly communicated to the project management and field teams
- Coordinate all information required for bid turnover meeting
- Assist in weekly job summary reporting
- Attend pre-bid job walks; Possible out of the office job site visits required
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Effective communication skills of all types that would include ability to write reports and procedure manuals and to present to all levels of internal/external customers and to reach all in a responsive & respectful manner.
- Strong organizational, analytical, prioritization, and time management skills, ability to multi task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint would be helpful); Strong Microsoft Excel skills. Ability to learn company specific systems to manage business and to present information.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat Program (Not mandatory, but helpful).
- Experience with AutoQuotes program would be beneficial, but not mandatory.
- Must be able to read and understand specifications and drawings.
- Two plus years of estimating experience in construction, hospitality industry or related field is preferred.
Required Leadership Traits
- Ability to work collaboratively within all levels of internal and external customers and build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Motivated self-starter with a high-level of personal integrity and business ethics who thrives in a team environment.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
Job Type: Full-time
- estimating: 2 years (Preferred)