At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling:
To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Austin, Texas or Yorktown Heights, NY
Why work for IBM Quantum?
Quantum computers are incredibly powerful machines that take a new approach to processing information. Built on the principles of quantum mechanics, they exploit complex and fascinating laws of nature that are always there, but usually remain hidden from view. By harnessing such natural behavior, quantum computing can run new types of algorithms to process information more holistically. They may one day lead to revolutionary breakthroughs in materials and drug discovery, the optimization of complex man-made systems, and artificial intelligence. We expect them to open doors that we once thought would remain locked indefinitely. Do you want to be a part of this revolutionary team?
About Your Role
You’ll drive content success across a business unit, roles and regions, facilitating content strategy, alignment and efficiency through a centralized, consolidated and coordinated methodology for content lifecycle management.
Engaging the customer in their journey through compelling storytelling, you must balance tactical expertise with an audience-first approach to planning and overseeing the content strategy, requirements, and deliverables. You are committed to flawless execution and have a passion for creating data- and outcome-driven content experiences in a collaborative environment.
Your responsibilities include:
o A people-first strategy:
- Content Strategy: Develop comprehensive content strategies for fully integrated demand generation campaigns and content experiences, and the corresponding deliverables that bring those narratives to life. Stay appraised of industry trends to aid in the development and promotion of content customers want, and be skilled in:
Identify areas of opportunity in the market, and create comprehensive strategies that resonate with customers’ needs and wants.
o Competitive analysis:
Analyze competitors for their strengths, weaknesses, and unique ways they pursue customers. Use that data to inform strategies that will stand out from the noise and appeal to a targeted audience.
o Content audits & map/gap analysis
o Creation/investment models
o Editorial calendar development and management
o Pipeline management:
Ensure production hits editorial calendar and project milestones, stays within budget and meets delivery dates
o Playbook creation for consumption on a global scale
- Storytelling: Take a comprehensive and strategic approach to storytelling, including the ability to:
o Tie together big ideas/concepts in a way that engages customers
o Authentically lead customers to the appropriate IBM solution
o Create targeted and differentiated buyer-centric narratives
- Innovation: Continually explore the newest industry trends, technology, tools, industry insights and platforms to:
o Uniquely tell our story
o Develop testing plans
o Keep us relevant
- Content Performance: Work with analysts and other teams to monitor content performance and:
o Understand which content or standards need to be adjusted, repackaged, or eliminated
o Ensure all content meets SEO guidelines, has keyword focus, cross links and contains clear calls to action
o Develop testing plans, working with digital and campaign strategists to ensure all testing is aligned to the role/goal of the content
- Content marketing performance
- Marketing influence and direct contribution to sales pipeline
- Content strategy, content and editing quality
- Internal customer satisfaction, ratings
- Sales, business partner and geo adoption of enablement materials
- BU content teams’ adoption and alignment to new content processes and procedures
About Content Marketing at IBM
People are bombarded and disrupted by over 14,000 messages a day. The world doesn’t need more content; it needs better content. Hence, the “IBM Originals” approach to content was created to be the storytelling arm of IBM. We create stories and content experiences that matter to our audiences, move them to act, and cut through the noise in the market.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7-10 years of experience in brand and content strategy/planning in digital/content/media
- Self-directed, thrives in a fast-paced environment, strong communication skills
- Rock-solid understanding of optimal multi-channel approach: social, digital, media, and content metrics. Knowledge of media planning, distribution, measurement, optimization, and syndication of content
- Excellent skills in gathering, synthesizing, and analyzing internal and external research and organizing these insights into sound content strategies shareable across channels
- Familiarity with content/social/SEO
- Passionate about and a successful track record in taking a new-media approach to content and using data to inspire ideas
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to facilitate and initiate creative thinking in content creation and content strategy
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.