Coggins Church, Lexington, NC is seeking to hire a Minister of Music and Worship to join our team and to lead a ministry that includes choirs, praise teams, instrumentalists, multimedia, and various other music programs. The primary purpose of the Music Ministry of Coggins Church is to glorify God by proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is done by enhancing the congregation’s sense of celebration in worship and leading the congregation to develop the gifts of its members. The Worship Ministry will focus on the corporate experience of God and create venues for and assist in expressions of praise and worship. This will be done by working closely with the Lead Pastor.
Church: Coggins Church (Southern Baptist Convention) www.cogginsbaptist.org
Title: Music Minister
Supervisor: Lead Pastor Compensation: Negotiable and based upon schedule/experience. Schedule: Part-time or Bi-vocational. Flexible, up to 20 hours per week. Target start date: before March 1.
The Music Ministry of Coggins Church exists to lead our congregation in meaningful worship each week and to provide ministry opportunities for those interested in music, drama, and the arts. Special programs and evangelistic events are designed to encourage the church and to reach our community and the world for Christ. These ministries help children, youth and adults grow in their musical and other artistic abilities in the service of God. The Music Ministry desires to help all grow in spiritual maturity, and provide mission and ministry opportunities for every age group.
- Spiritual Maturity: A relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ that evidences the fruit of the Spirit in daily living. Committed and baptized follower of Jesus Christ as Savior. Belief in and adherence to the Bible as God’s Holy Word. A growing theology and practice of Christ-centered worship.
- Education: Preferred minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferably in music, ministry, or a similar discipline. Candidates with degrees in other fields may be considered based on applicant’s ministry experience or current educational pursuits (i.e. seminary enrollment or graduate).
- Worship Experience: Musically gifted and trained to use instrumentation in leading the worship service. Experience organizing traditional and contemporary style worship. Multimedia development experience. Experience in mentoring and developing worship leadership and gifts in others.
- Leadership: The ability to provide leadership, development, and accountability to the Music Ministry. Willing and able to delegate responsibility as needed. Ability to recruit others and lead. A lifelong learner in ministry trends and leadership. A leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a musical passion.
- Teaching and Interpersonal skills: Ability to effectively attract, teach, train, relate and communicate with others in a gracious, relevant, wholesome and persuasive manner.
- Organizational Skills: Good administrative skills with the ability to organize and give attention to detail. Adhere to organization doctrines, bylaws, policies, and procedures. Cooperate with church, staff, and leaders. Be flexible and work well with others in a team setting.
- The Music Minister is responsible for planning, conducting, and evaluating meaningful worship services.
- Spend quality time with the Pastor to learn his heart, passion and desired direction of worship.
- Along with the Pastor, direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of each worship service.
- Lead and coordinate choir, praise band, soloists, musical specials or guests, instrumental groups, and other matters as needed/appropriate.
- Prepare the Order of Service.
- Lead congregational singing in celebration of God in Christ.
- Lead and work closely with the Media Team regarding all audio and visual needs.
- Oversee the planning and direction of annual Christmas/Easter presentations, and other special worship service events planned by the Lead Pastor.
- Participate in regular hospital and prospect visitation.
- Monitor the purchasing, maintenance, and replacement of all music-related equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotion, and administration.
- Prepare an annual music budget for approval and administer the budget.
- Oversee all other aspects related to the music program.
- Attend the weekly Staff Meeting.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $7,000.00 to $10,000.00 /year
- Music Ministry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retirement plan
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Weekends required
- Holidays required