SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today for our Manager of Case Management position and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team!
Manager- Case Management has primary responsibility for the daily assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring of the staff of the case management department. The manager is responsible for guiding, mentoring, and leading the hospital case management team.
Memorial Health University Medical Center (MHUMC) is a 612-bed hospital in Savannah, Georgia. We opened our doors in 1955 and have evolved into the most advanced healthcare provider in the region. We are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies, and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's only Level 1 trauma center, the region's only children's hospital, and the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. Memorial Health proudly serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina.
For us, it's all about people. At our HCA South Atlantic hospitals across Florida, Georgia and South Carolina, you will find that caring extends to both our patients and our people. We are committed to advancing nursing across the organization by nurturing our nurses through education, professional development and defined pathways for personal and professional growth. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You’ve come to the right place.
For those who fit our dynamic, patient-focused culture, we offer advantages like:
- Our employees enjoy competitive salaries.
- Get started on the right foot with our comprehensive orientation process.
- Making a move? We offer relocation assistance.
- Specialty specific educators provide valuable mentorship.
- Enjoy working in state of the art/newly renovated nursing units.
- We value continued learning and offer tuition reimbursement programs and student loan program.
- Our wide-ranging benefit package is designed to empower your total well-being including dental, vision, 401k plan, and student loan assistance.
- Dedicated to nursing excellence and patient-centered care, we have a collaborative approach to quality and safety.
- If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Current licensure as a registered Nurse to practice in the State of Georgia. CCM or ACM certification preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred.*
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience in Case Management in an acute hospital setting. Preferably a minimum of 5 years of Case Management experience.
- Direct patient care experience in an acute care setting required.
- Ability to perform comprehensive assessment of physical and psychosocial needs of patients.
- Understanding of the unique needs associated with various age populations and the ability to provide age specific care and services.
- Computer literate.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
Special qualifications: Knowledgeable about Medicare, Medicaid, TriCare and other third party payers. Knowledgeable about local, state, federal and community resources and the scope of services they provide. Direct experience with regulatory agencies and third party payers within the last two years. Experience in discharge planning and a working knowledge of alternative delivery systems including home health, durable medical equipment, rehabilitation, extended care facility and skilled nursing facilities, their scope of services and their criteria for care. Knowledgeable and experience in medical/legal aspects of care. Knowledge of Interqual Criteria a must.
Job Type: Full-time
- Supervisory case management: 2 years (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)