Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a Sr. Infrastructure Systems Administrator in the Business Technology Services group. In this position you will have the opportunity to be responsible for the engineering and administration of VMWare Horizon View and Windows 10 desktops.
As a Sr. Infrastructure Systems Administrator, you will:
To be successful, you will need:
- Be responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance, including recognizing and troubleshooting problems, of VMWare Horizon applications and VMWare View clients.
- Deploy applications and updates on non-persistent virtual desktops using Application Volume Manager and User Experience Manager.
- Recognize and troubleshoot problems with VDI infrastructure and endpoints..
- Establish and document standards and procedures for management review.
- Supports projects and initiatives as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related technical degree, or equivalent work experience required.
- Six years of experience in an information systems administration or infrastructure engineering role required.
- VMWare Horizon 7.x experience, including non-persistent VDI desktops, App Stacks, App Volume Manager, User Experience Manager (UEM), Horizon View client.
- Experience with Windows 10 configuration and support.
- Experience with O365, desktop image management a plus.
- Relevant VMWare certification(s) or 3 years of equivalent experience.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting and analysis with little supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of desktop and laptop architecture and troubleshooting.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Servers, Active Directory/ ADFS, and VMware VCenter.
- Microsoft shell scripting skills.
- In depth knowledge of VMWare Horizon 7.x and Workspace One.
- Ability to create system diagrams and documentation.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and ability to escalate to management when necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.