Option One Solar is seeking top performing Commercial Solar Sales Consultants in the Southern CA area. This is a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate, with unlimited earning potential of 250k minimum to over 1 million. Only proven top performers with commercial solar sales experience will be considered. This position requires high level experience in this field. A successful candidate will have an existing network and is expected to create interest and close sales fairly quickly based on our superior offerings.
We will be the first company to distribute and install our partner patented commercial flat roof tracking systems, our tracker requires 40 to 50% less modules to achieve the same production as fixed tilt systems. We use our single axis tracker and Bi-facial modules to boost production. When considering TOU rate plans, financials can be 60-90% greater than fixed tilt systems. If that sounds like something you can get excited about and you're the right person for this position, then we expect that you would be able to clearly follow our instruction on how to apply and test.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Effective at identifying qualified leads
- Target project size range is 50kW-5MW
- Completion of full sales cycle activities
- Communicate with customers to schedule work and coordinate services
- Participate in team meetings to ensure project updates and to improve processes
- Lead generation, including cold calling, community events and networking
- Offering customers solutions to their energy goals, providing value to the customers
- In-person consultations to determine needs of commercial building owners
- Maintain knowledge of current commercial solar incentives
- Work in conjunction with the administration staff throughout the sales process
- Meet monthly sales quotas
- Consistently close deals
- Generate new business opportunities and channels
- Identify, generate and evaluate solar project development opportunities for business owners
- Understand the solar tax environment, financing and energy cost structure within their respective region
- Understand feed in tarriffs
- Have the ability to develop, negotiate and close power purchase agreements, leases and cash sales with commercial clients
- Assess development opportunities and have the ability to effectively communicate project plans, challenges and necessary outcomes to management
- Effectively present Option One Solar and its capabilities, including options for project financing, to prospective clients
- Prepare and deliver proposals and RFP responses
- Develop and manage a pipeline of prospects and projects
- Communicate with project managers regarding project status and details
- Respond to leads or opportunities in a timely manner, ideally same day but always within 24 hours.
- Canvass businesses as time permits and distribute marketing information
- Successfully negotiate contracts with customers. This includes helping answer customer questions, addressing concerns and assisting the customer as needed with financing options
- Execution of contracts.
- Deliver exception customer service.
- Work cohesively with all company employees and maintain a positive, professional attitude
- Inspect the customer’s property and assess existing conditions for project suitability
- Actively work to cultivate, gather and assist customer referrals
- Attend all company meetings and training's as directed by management
- Learn and stay current on contracts, market trends, utility rates, solar laws and fire codes
- Maintain expertise on new solar industry products, applications, and system designs
- Visit customers at project completion to ensure satisfaction and understanding of product installed
- Actively manage pipeline using Company’s CRM portal. Update all customer information, lead status, and communication with notes in CRM on a daily basis
- 2+ years experience in commercial solar project development
- 5 years of sales experience
- 2 years of B2B sales
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not mandatory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Detail oriented with exceptional organization skills
- Ability to understand finance models and various types of finance packages based on the client’s needs
- Ability to effectively work independently
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- A willingness to learn
- Computer literacy and utilization of programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Quickbase
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screening and background check
- Advanced understanding of commercial solar PV system design
- Must have experience in quoting software to model production, demand and consumption offset, energy storage, demand control, etc.
- Experience with Helioscope, Energy Toolbase, or similar a plus.
The compensation package includes an initial recoverable draw base, commission, bonus potential, based on candidate’s experience. The position has unlimited earning potential.
Job Type: Full-time
- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- commercial solar project development: 2 years (Required)
- System Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- HIS (Preferred)