Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Human Resources (HR) team at Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking candidates to join a community of committed HR professionals at our Dulles, Virginia location. Our HR community is composed of incredible people with different abilities, diverse thinking and varied backgrounds who find professional fulfillment in understanding and advocating for employees, supporting the coaching and development of the management team, and solving organizational challenges through our partnership with business leadership.
The person hired into this role will be the focal point to consult on and assist in the implementation of HR strategy, programs and policies across multiple client groups; including talent identification, performance management, employee relations, compensation, reward and recognition, succession planning, organization and staff development, leadership/bench strength development, staffing, EEO and other areas within the HR body of knowledge. The implementation of these programs will be through proficient leadership and project management skills and close collaboration with HR subject matter experts. In addition, the selected candidate will be responsible for project management of HR projects, and must demonstrate the ability to plan, organize, implement, and close multiple projects simultaneously on various topics within HR work streams.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate leadership and relationship building skills, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Skillful verbal and written communication talents are required and the ideal candidate will have prior success building or enhancing a collaborative, supportive and understanding work environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate how they have supported their prior teams through organization, self-motivation and task ownership skills, with the ability to accomplish complex duties in a high-impact, time sensitive environment.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
Establish intimate understanding of the business, build and expand relationships with client leadership teams, and create close partnerships across HR, centers of excellence (COE's), functional and P&L organizations
Support and partner with HR colleagues in operations, talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee relations, diversity and inclusion and organizational effectiveness to support talent strategies
Identify trends, risks, and opportunities within the organization and develop solutions in partnership with division and matrix leadership, COE and functional HR business leadership
Advise leadership on new ideas and winning practices in the areas of assessment, development, compensation, organizational effectiveness, strategy, on-boarding, change management and communications
Analyze and concisely present information to the management team to enable business growth and sound decision making
Provide business insight through data analysis, research and benchmarking
Play a key change leadership role in the company's transformation by reinforcing a culture of growth, innovation and calculated risk taking through the application of human capital strategy, tools and processes
Support and enable leaders to make informed decisions about talent and to hold their organizations accountable for business results
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resource management, Organization Development, Industrial Organizational Psychology, or related field required plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in HR; or 1 year of experience with a master's degree. 4 years of additional human resources experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree.
- Understanding and application of HR principles, concepts, policies and practices
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others. Proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to support cross-functional projects to completion including organizing, planning, scheduling and following up on project related items
Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of HRIS platforms and technology, with preferred applications experience in PeopleSoft/CHR, SAP, Taleo/Talent+ , Workday and Saba Learning Exchange (LX)
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to be flexible and adjust direction when needed
- Leadership coaching skills and knowledge of human and adult learning principles a plus
- Experience in proactive HR assessment, diagnosis and solutioning of business challenges
- Ability to navigate cultural and business nuances/sensitivities to promote top performance, employee engagement and inclusion
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.