Are you fascinated by the built environment? Want to create active places and spaces for people that are both beautiful and functional? Do you want to be a catalyst for change in the field of landscape architecture? Do you love figuring out new and creative ways to communicate design concepts to people of all ages? If so, we’re looking for someone like you to join our team as a Landscape Architect/Urban Designer in our Los Angeles office.
Why join Toole Design?
At Toole Design Group, we’re working to create vibrant, multimodal transportation solutions for people of all ages and abilities. Our staff of 180+ landscape architects, planners and engineers are passionate about making a difference in communities large and small. The pace is fast, our team is creative and dynamic, and you will collaborate across disciplines with colleagues to design and build transformative projects across the country.
As a Landscape Designer/Landscape Architect, you’ll be part of our Urban Design Group, integrating our transportation projects into the fabric of the community and making the travel experience better for all users. You’ll be at the table with our clients, planners, and engineers on projects from start to finish; working on stakeholder outreach and design workshops, master planning, concept plans, demonstration projects, 3D modeling, illustrative graphics, and construction documents.
Toole Design is committed to building a diverse and welcoming team. We have a collaborative culture where people of all backgrounds come together to share ideas and build better, more inclusive communities. We are an equal opportunity, woman-owned business. We are proud of the fact that over 50% of our managers are women or minorities. No matter what your background is – we encourage you to apply for this position.
You’ll be great here if:
We’ll offer you:
- You are passionate about design and how it informs the built environment.
- Reimagining cities, green spaces, and public realm through landscape design gets you going every day.
- You’re a highly motivated, self-driven, detail-oriented person that enjoys solving problems and takes pride in the quality of your own work.
- You are excited to learn from and collaborate with our experts and leaders, and motivated to develop your professional knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- You know how to get the message across, whether written, verbal, or graphically.
- You can self-check your work to ensure that our team delivers high-quality design documents on time and on-budget.
- You have a positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and are highly organized
About our Los Angeles office:
- The opportunity to change how we discuss, design, and develop the largest part of our public realm, our transportation network, in communities across the country.
- The potential to grow as a landscape designer/landscape architect and advance in a company that prefers to promote from within.
- Competitive salary and industry-best benefits.
- A workplace that practices what it preaches, with engaged colleagues and financial incentives to bike, walk, and use transit on your commute
Our team is a dynamic mix of planners and engineers who strive to support each other and our communities, not just work together. This is an opportunity to perform work you love alongside a fun group of people in the heart of the most dynamic transportation region in the nation. Southern California is poised to change significantly over the next decade, with transportation improvements at the forefront of its evolution. Whether it’s Metro’s Measure M Capital Expenditure Plan, preparing for the Olympics in 2028, or working on mobility-as-a-service technology, Toole Design is poised to help shape this future. You’ll be joining a rapidly growing team in an exciting market and location.
The Los Angeles Office is located in Downtown LA and opened in 2018. We are walking distance from the Metro Red Line, Metro Bike Share, and dozens of bus lines. Our office director enjoys bicycling or riding the bus in to work and will happily join you on a post-work summit in Elysian Park to take in the Greater Los Angeles environs. You will experience a company culture that is rooted in family, fun, and creative thinking. Strong values, flexibility, and exceptional quality work are just a few of the characteristics we hold in high regard.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please click "Apply for this Job" below or visit our careers page http://www.tooledesign.com/company/careers and select the corresponding position. Toole Design Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer (EO/AA/VEV/Disabled employer) and encourages women and minorities to apply. No phone calls, please. For more information about Toole Design Group, visit our website (www.tooledesign.com), follow us on Twitter (@tooledesign), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/TooleDesignGroup). .
- A bachelors or master’s degree in urban design, landscape architecture, urban planning, horticulture, or engineering.
- 1-3 years of hands-on design and/or landscape architecture experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project programming, master planning, site design, and transportation planning and design
- Strong proficiency with hand and digital graphic techniques to communicate design ideas and produce illustrative graphics. A strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketchup is highly desirable.
- An interest in multimodal and active transportation design
- A client-service attitude and entrepreneurial spirit