Job Title: Senior General Ledger Accountant
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
Looking for a team player to support the General Accounting management team in a fast paced environment with the month-end close and reconciliation process, financial reporting and accounting policy implementation.
The GL Senior Accountant will report to the Senior Director of Accounting Operations and will work closely with the General Ledger team. To be successful in this role, you must have strong knowledge of GAAP and the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment. You should have the ability to interact effectively with cross functional teams, including FP&A, Accounts Payable, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting.We are looking for someone who has excellent problem-solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success and growth
What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Ensure that transactions are reflected accurately as part of the month-end close process and are reflected on the proper legal entity and in the correct currency
- Prepare, document and analyze month-end accruals
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for assigned Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts
- Perform trend analysis to ensure that assigned entities are comprehensively reviewed and materially correct before distribution
- Prepare expense analysis, communicating to management significant variances
- Prepare financial statement footnotes
- Ensure that controls are in compliance with SOX and consistently applied
- Provide guidance to junior staff around work assignments and overall professional progression
- Prepare Audit schedules for both internal and external requests
- Implement and manage new accounting policy guidance and processes
- Participate in documentation of accounting system requirements and new system implementationLead process improvements for ongoing monthly and quarterly processes
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams to resolve accounting issues and ad hoc requests
- 4+ years of Accounting experience
- CPA or CPA in process preferred
- Strong experience working with accounting systems and MS Excel
- Ability to interact with management, employees, and customers, presenting information in a professional and clear manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
At this time, Comscore will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.