Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day. We’re currently looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant to join us in our Southborough, MA office.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative duties to ensure that assigned leader(s)/department(s) are free to focus on the needs of the business; this will include, but not be limited to screening incoming telephone calls, typing and composing correspondence, making travel arrangements, organizing and scheduling meetings. The incumbent will prepare management presentations. He/She serves as "back up" support for other leaders as required.
As a Sr. Administrative Assistant working on the Medical Affairs team, you will be empowered and inspired to do your best work. You will contribute to our mission by supporting the Chief Medical Office and VP of Business Development and their direct reports. You will partner to achieve the executives' goals, advance their agendas, and leverage their time. A typical day for you will include:
- Drafting and producing correspondence, presentations, reports, spreadsheets, organization charts, and other similar documents.
- Circulating presentation materials and other documents for meeting attendees as appropriate.
- Arranging travel/accommodations and prepare/submit expenses by utilizing software applications such as "Concur".
- Responding to and screen incoming phone calls and direct callers as appropriate.
- Taking and relaying messages and appropriately escalate calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Organizing and maintaining diaries/calendars/schedules and maintain responsibility for scheduling appointments.
- Drafting emails and other documentation as instructed for review by management.
- Ensuring that the appropriate levels of confidentiality are maintained.
- Responding to inquiries directly where appropriate.
- Understanding how to manage data files by setting up appropriate directories and appropriately filing documentation in an organized manner.
- Using MS Access and/or other similar programs to maintain databases.
- Serving as a champion of communication by liasing with internal and external contacts in a professional manner.
- Managing administrative processes and ensures that staff members are aware of all necessary process steps that must be completed prior to submission e.g. travel approval, timesheets, expense reports.
- Ensuring that there is an adequate supply of appropriate office supplies and equipment.
- Ordering such supplies following established processes and by utilizing approved vendors.
- Serving as a liason between department and ITS so that employees have the appropriate communication devices/tools.
- Preparing purchase orders as required and obtains the appropriate approvals.
- Monitoring invoices to ensure that billing charges are appropriate and that all required information is present so that payment may be processed.
- Attending meetings as assigned and serves as the note taker.
- Compiling appropriate minutes and summation of action items.
- Organizing and distributing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Distributing documentation as appropriate.
- Organizing and scheduling on site and off site meetings and ensure that facilities are appropriate.
- Arranging for food/beverage service where required, and is responsible for coordinating/maintaining itineraries.
- Managing special projects.
- Performing all other related duties as assigned.
- High school degree or equivalent is required; Associate's Degree in Business or Secretarial Science is preferred; or equivalent experience and knowledge will be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative assistant experience in a fast paced, high-level corporate environment is required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is essential.
- Ability to type 70+WPM is necessary.
- Experience with MS Access is preferred.
- Proficiency using MS Explorer or similar browsers as well as software that is html based (Concur, Orbitz for Business) is desired.
- Mastery of Lotus Notes and Lotus Notes calendar functionality or past experience with a similar program and the ability to master Lotus Notes is highly preferred.
- Ability to be trusted with highly confidential information is essential.
- Demonstrated strength in professional business writing is necessary.
- Excellent oral communication skills are preferred.
- Prior experience managing projects is highly preferred.
- Must be able to understand and follow established processes and controls while making constructive suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Ability to train staff relative to processes and controls is necessary.
- Must be skilled at inventory control and cost management.
- Ability to critically review documentation for accuracy and completeness is a must.
- Must be adept at listening to broad concepts and distilling them into concrete action items.
- Ability to accurately capture important items so that a complete record is created (e.g. capturing accurate meeting minutes) is a plus.
- Must be comfortable working with vendors, researching facilities, and making appropriate arrangements.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Work LocationSouthborough OCA
Auto req ID3822BR
Olympus America Inc
At Olympus, we put a lot of good back into the world, and what we do really matters. We are committed to making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling every day by crafting innovative optical and digital solutions in medical technologies, microscopy, industrial solutions, cameras, and audio recorders.
We view our relationship with and commitment to our employees with the same passion. Everything we do at Olympus is a reflection of our vision, and everyone here helps to make it a reality. We’re invested in our employees, great ideas, and how they impact the communities around us. We see the world through multiple lenses and come together to find the right answers; the best solutions.
TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY. TRUE TO LIFE.
Olympus America Inc
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled