Sierra7 is a US Small Business Administration (SBA) and Center for Veterans Enterprise (CVE)-verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOSB) who provides Federal clients system and technology integration, program management, business process optimization, and enterprise solutions.
Summary of essential job functions:
Sierra7 is seeking a Program Analyst to provide PMO support for a VA Project in the Health Portfolio. The qualified candidate will have experience managing Information Technology (IT)-related projects and will be responsible for supporting the VA project. The candidate must be well versed in development life cycles and project management methodologies.
- Coordinate and manage activities to deliver results on time with high quality
- Able to actively support all phases of the project lifecycle from initiation through closure, including project planning, contract management, project execution, and tracking and reporting
- Deliver project requirements on time, within budget, with quality results that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Develop detailed project schedules, estimates, and resource plans
- Produce and deliver detailed status reports and briefings to document and demonstrate project progress
- Proactively manage scope, actions, issues and risks to ensure project success. Follow change control procedures effectively.
- Provide meeting planning and facilitation, including project team meetings, document reviews, and client-driven meetings (e.g., Integrated Project Team (IPTs) meetings). Prepare meeting minutes and tracking action items.
- Coordinate and monitor timely and effective completion of actions
- Coordinate development and reviews of high quality project deliverables using appropriate templates
- Provide PMO support services to assist in the planning, management, coordination and vendor oversight of VA projects. Collaborate and interface with project stakeholders, including end users, business, VA organizations, vendors and implementation partners
- Provide Program and Project-level management support to the VA Portfolio, including program planning, VIP planning and support, preparing reports and responses to senior leadership on program performance, supporting change management and Rational tool updates, and supporting program-level risk management and reporting.
- Support VA’s Veteran-focused Integration Process (VIP), including data management, reporting, artifacts and critical decision reviews
- Support the development and maintenance of Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) in Microsoft Project and Primavera
- Support updates to VA’s SharePoint, TSPR and Rational Tools repositories of VA program and project documentation and data.
- Support corporate business development activities, including proposals
Required Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated success as a Project Analyst on PMO-type projects
- Experience supporting VA OI&T PMO projects, and VIP policies and procedures
- Experience identifying, mitigating and managing project risks and issues
- Experience assisting in the development of project plans, responding to requests for information, and developing and presenting briefings on project status to program leadership
- Experience in creating, applying and maintaining tools to track program, project, or task performance data, including cost, schedule, and performance data.
- Experience developing and reviewing project documentation, such as project management plans, business / technical requirements, and other project artifacts
- Experience interfacing with senior government officials
- Strong interpersonal and client-facing skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related technical discipline
- 5 years of relevant experience as a project manager for government contracts (8 additional years may be substituted for education)
- 5 years of experience working in a VA or Department of Defense (DoD) environment
- PMP or PgMP certification
- Agile / SAFe certifications a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Government Contracting: 5 years (Required)
- SAFe 4: 5 years (Required)
- SharePoint: 4 years (Required)
- Integrated Master Schedules (IMS): 4 years (Required)
- Department of Veterans Affairs: 4 years (Required)
- Project Analyst: 5 years (Required)
- Agile: 3 years (Required)