- High School or equivalent diploma
- 1+ years experience in a retail or customer facing environment
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
- Prior experience in a retail or customer facing environment
The pay rate for this role is $18.10 per hour
We are offering a part-time schedule with 20-29 hours per week, a flex-time schedule offering 0-19 hours per week, and a seasonal schedule with up to 29 hours per week.
Join the Amazon team that launched Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star. We provide a unique extension of Amazon.com through a curated product selection, our associates’ ability to engage in impromptu conversation, and physical spaces designed for discovery and exploration. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers love. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
As a Retail Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun. You adhere to and maintain regular and punctual attendance, safety and quality standards and follow standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement. You are flexible while working in an ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail, possess the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, multi-task, have a willingness and enjoy learning new things, with a commitment to delighting our customers.
What You Do:
- Deliver excellent customer service acting with a customer-first mindset when answering customer questions
- Ask great questions to help identify customer needs and exercise great judgement in handling requests or difficult customer interactions
- Introduce customers to exciting Amazon products and service that facilitates discovery of anything Amazon has to offer including device demonstrations in a simple and accessible way
- Follow merchandising guidelines and execute space and signage changes as needed inside and outside the store building
- Receive, stock, and replenish product
- Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process, and count product
- Operate all of the systems, tools, and devices used within the store, including manning the point-of-sale (POS) station
- Follow standard processes, identify opportunities for improvements and escalate when appropriate in a timely manner
- Handle cash and provide accurate change to customers
- Perform additional duties as assigned work in a dynamic environment that is always to enhance the Amazon brand and exceed our customer expectations
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for shifts lasting up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong understanding of Amazon devices and Amazon services
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.