Responsibilities of the Employment Training Advisor
- Provide a variety of services for clientele regarding education, employment, and life-support, including referrals, counseling sessions, and follow-up sessions.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and agency rules and regulations.
- Ensure agency and individual performance standards are met and/or exceeded.
- Conduct initial needs assessment with clients to identify skills, aptitude, interests, and supportive service needs.
- Prepare various forms of testing/assessment for clients.
- Develop a Work Plan for each client, establishing client’s career goals, program services, training, and activities.
- Collect, organize, and analyze information obtained through records, tests, interviews, and professional sources.
- Maintain proper documentation of clients’ information, activities, and case notes entered into the state data information systems, ensuring compliance and performance.
- Proper etiquette including customer relation techniques, superior verbal and communications skills (similar to hospitality, banking or other highly customer focused-based industries)
Requirements of the Employment Training Advisor
- Baccalaureate degree and 2 years related experience preferred
- Case management experience
- Ability to meet all hiring requirements, including passage of a drug test
- Knowledge of skills and aptitude assessment tests and ability to interpret and analyze test results
- Knowledge of and ability to provide training to clientele on resume preparation, proper interviewing skills/conduct, and networking skills
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures, and ability to apply such knowledge to a variety of interrelated processes, tasks, and operations
- Possession of valid driver’s license and demonstrated a safe driving record
- Must be able to pass drug screen and background check
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.10 /hour
- case management: 1 year (Preferred)
- San Diego, CA (Preferred)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)