Who we are:
La Clínica de La Raza is a community-based health center committed to providing culturally appropriate, high-quality, and accessible health care to the diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have spent over 40 years advocating for and creating a health home for the many that have been denied access to care. As health care activists, we are dedicated to making sure individuals who do not have health coverage get the same level of quality healthcare as those who have it. From our genesis as a community health center in 1971, we understood that we cannot heal our communities without also addressing the economic and social factors that affect health. Many times, this requires that we go outside and provide services in other settings to build the bridge that links individuals to our health center for preventive and primary care. Over 90,000 individuals come to La Clínica because it is a welcoming place that addresses the whole person, coordinating and connecting them to a broad network of services to improve and maintain their health and well-being. While we are still known for our activism and spirit of social justice, we are also proud to have grown into a sophisticated provider of primary health care services with 35 sites across Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties.
Be on the frontlines of excellent community healthcare.As vulnerable populations lose access to care, it becomes more important than ever that those who can lend their skills and passion to serving their communities step forward, live their values, and advance our mission. Maybe community healthcare made it possible for you to have medical care growing up, and maybe you feel ready to come home to serve. If you have this calling, La Clínica is the place for you. Join the La Clínica family and work shoulder to shoulder with some of the most dedicated healthcare professionals you'll meet. Yes, you will work hard, but the sense of teamwork, commitment to our community, and our dedication to giving our diverse patients the high quality healthcare they deserve, will inspire you. You will be rewarded by your work with patients whose families choose La Clínica generation after generation. You will see the impact of your hard work in the faces of our patients and the clinical staff who depend on your leadership to do amazing things. You will build your skills through La Clínica's trainings and unique professional development opportunities that ensure our managers have the support they need to do their essential work. We offer robust perks including educational leave plus stipend. Our clinics are located in the thriving Bay Area known for its cultural diversity, beautiful weather, highly sought after schools and year-round recreational activities. Come to La Clínica and take your place among our mission-driven leaders who are transforming community health.
Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- In collaboration with the Associate Director on job description development, posting vacancies, interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving any work related issues that arise within the clinic
- In conjunction with the Associate Director develops, documents, and coordinates appropriate clinical policies, procedures and protocols for clinical services.
- Coordinates clinic schedules with inpatient coverage schedules and mitigating conflicts.
- Participates in the development and modifications of service programs with providers.
- Practices open communication with staff and providers regarding issues related to operations.
- Participates in appropriate organizational committees or work groups to appropriately represent the department.
- Works collaboratively with site leadership on provider schedules, site resources to effectively deliver services.
- Conduct and administer fiscal operations, including planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, and coordinating financial reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Assures new personnel receive a thorough orientation to La Clinica wide orientation as well as assures site and job specific orientation.
- Provides administrative supervision to frontline staff which include the clinical assistants. If individual in this position is a licensed practitioner, he/she will be required to additionally provide clinical leadership and supervision which include assuring clinical competence and service orientation to patients served.
- Executes human resources supervisory responsibilities in accordance with La Clinica's policies, procedures and applicable laws, consulting with the Human Resources as appropriate.
- Provides ongoing evaluation, service improvement processes to ensure patient care, staff relations, and operational efficiency are will integrated.
- Documents, investigates and resolves complaints, refers unusual problems to Associate Director and Operations Director.
- Develops medical services and educational programs in support of the departments overall role in La Clinica's mission.
- Assures principles of customer service are demonstrated in all aspect of department operations.
- Administration and Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Patient Service: Knowledge of principles and processes for providing patient services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of patient satisfaction.
- Clerical: Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records
- Personnel and Human Resources: Working Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, onboarding, performance management and training.
- Health Technology: Working knowledge and experience with NextGen, Practice Management System and Microsoft Office software
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with stakeholders and maintain good working relationships with other staff
- Ability to create a budget, documenting revenue and expenses.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to assess subordinate staff's clinical competence in the case of licensed provider clinic managers.
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- English/Spanish proficiency preferred but not required
Experience and Other Certifications
- Licensed Clinic Manager: Corresponding academic degree for licensure from an accredited program with experience working in a health care outpatient setting, plus possession of a valid license issued by the State of California Board and 2 years in supervisory role
- Non-Licensed Clinic Manager: Two years' experience in a supervisory or management position preferred and/or Bachelor's degree
- Cultural competence working in diverse/low income communities
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled