Steeler, Inc. is a manufacturer of steel framing and a distributor of drywall and construction materials. We are the only continuously operated Steel Stud manufacturer that has been in business in the U.S.A. since 1974.
Our growing team is in need of additional Production Logistics Specialist for our busy East Bay plant.
What You'll Do:
This position is responsible for shipping and receiving steel and construction products at our production and distribution facility.
What We Offer:
- Competitive starting wage
- Opportunity for quick advancement
- Medical/Dental/Vision Package, 401(k) with company match and much more
Day to Day:
- Receive and track all incoming raw material and sales goods and will generate and conduct procedures for accurate product inventorying and movement, including physical cycle counts and period-end closing.
- Together with the Production Supervisor they will schedule production and shipping of finished steel goods to meet customer and sales deadlines and to maximize production efficiency.
- Order and route trucking to ship products to customers and sales branches and will use production reporting data to make decisions about truck weight and shipping routes.
- Will communicate on a daily basis to company branches, branch managers, and sales staff.
- Will work closely with corporate management in operations, sales, and inventory to identify and resolve problems at the production facility, and to coordinate production across the company.
What Makes You a Good Fit:
- 3+ years production and logistics experience
- Associates degree or equivalent work history
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP in a production environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Forklift certification/experience
- Ability to perform physical tasks - lifting, bending, walking, etc.
- Skilled in time management, problem-solving, big-picture thinking, and detailed analysis
- Ability to travel occasionally as needed
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred
We look forward to your application!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Logistics: 3 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 3 years (Required)
- Production Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible