Are you looking to do meaningful work that makes an impact in the lives of youth and adolescents? Are you interested in a professional atmosphere where you can continue to grow and learn new skills?
National Youth Advocate Program (NYAP) is seeking engaging, passionate, diverse and energized people with a can-do attitude!
NYAP, a non-profit organization, has been serving the needs of youth and families for over 40 years! With over 1000 staff in 10 states, we are a group of dedicated life-changers working to “Be a Part of Something Bigger”!
The Office Specialist will perform duties including, but not limited to:
- Perform all work in a manner consistent with the National Youth Advocate Program’s mission, values, and philosophies.
- Perform office duties including filing, copying, typing, and answering phones.
- Enter billing as needed, Take messages and Organize new charges and close old charts.
- Distribute information to employees.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous experience and proficiency in the use of various office machines, including computers.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient use of desktop and laptop computers, smart phones and tablets, printers, fax machines and photocopiers as well as software including word processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Enthusiastic self-starter.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Works well independently and as a team member.
The person in this position needs to follow a team concept and support both agency goals and co-workers. Employees must be able to effectively work with and be respectful and sensitive to persons from various cultures, socioeconomic, ethnic, religious, and racial backgrounds.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- data entry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Answering Phones: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- 8 hour shift