Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and dedicated people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Data Center Global Services team is looking for exceptional folks to join our Controls Deployment division as Controls Engineer working with U.S. Intelligence Community agencies to implement building automation systems within Amazon data centers. If you are passionate about the Customer Experience, think and act globally and have the ability to contribute to major new innovations in the area of building controls and automation this is the challenge you are looking for!
The ideal candidate will possess a project/construction management, mechanical, electrical or technology background that enables him/her to undertake the challenges of sophisticated controls platforms and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically in aligning building controls and automation with the larger goals of the business.
As a controls engineer you will:
- Ensure data center controls are deployed in accordance with scope of work (SOW) and specifications.
- Provide vendor management.
- Work under tight project timelines.
- Manage multiple stakeholder deliverables, requirements and navigate difficult situations.
- Review and provide feedback on mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) drawings.
- Review controls sequence of operation and provide feedback to design.
- Financially manage both construction and service contracts.
- Provide technical assistance to internal customers during life cycle of the data center.
- Act in a project sponsor capacity.
- Participate in a global on-call schedule.
- Grow in technical ability by learning a multitude of different automation platforms.
- Perform controls root cause analysis.
A controls engineer may also perform the following:
- Develop building automation controls drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Size controls valves and damper actuators and select controls devices.
- Develop controls bill of material (BOM).
- Develop and modify controls logic programming.
- Develop and modify graphical user interface.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance satisfy other security related requirements.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
· Bachelor's degree in an engineering-based discipline or 5+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· 3+ years of experience in project management
· 3+ years of experience in design programming, startup/commissioning, BACnet, Modbus, OPC or similar communication protocols and with engineering documentation, electrical diagrams and standard operating procedures
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
· Excellent communication skills, teamwork, organizational and problem-solving skills.
· M.S. in an engineering-based discipline
· 6+ years of experience in either design programming, or startup/commissioning.
· Experience with controls in data centers or other critical facilities.
· Networking administration experience.
· Experience in any of the following systems: Siemens, Eaton, Tridium, Niagara, Distech, Schnieder, Ignition, or ABB.
· Project Management Professional (PMP)
· Possess or the ability to obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance.
· Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- HVAC: 2 years (Required)
- design programming: 6 years (Preferred)
- project management : 3 years (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Overnight (Required)
Security Clearance Required:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible