The Community Outreach Specialist is responsible for developing and executing effective outreach strategies in underserved communities expanding the reach of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to girls in underserved communities and for at risk youth. S/he creates and maintains a portfolio of troops led though community partnerships, increasing participation in Girl Scouting through new lead generation, onboarding, and continual support. Heightens awareness of Girl Scouting through a variety of in person meetings, presentations, and networking opportunities with community stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the achievement of girl and adult membership goals by implementing membership strategies in assigned market areas.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive plan for girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas by researching market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information relevant to designated geographic areas.
- Implements marketing strategies for membership recruitment outlined in the council’s strategic plan and annual business plan; includes cultivating and organizing communities that results in increased girl and volunteer leads.
- Attends community events, and prepares presentations to increase visibility within the community.
- Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity in a timely fashion.
- Tracks outreach efforts and communication in CRM (Salesforce).
Building Community Partnerships
- Establishes relationships with area organizations, coalitions, schools and school districts.
- Develops and cultivates partnerships with community youth-serving organizations, agencies and leaders, educators, faith-based institutions and to increase awareness of and participation in the Girl Scout program.
- Responsible for the annual retention of participating community partners.
- Provides on-site training and continuous support to Girl Scout program facilitators at regional sites.
- Responsible for the design, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of program activities, curriculum, events and camps to meet the needs of girls ages 5 to 18 from diverse communities and backgrounds.
- Sets specific outreach targets and develops action plans to project necessary contacts resulting in membership goal attainment. Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
Skills, Experience & Education
To perform effectively in this position, the incumbent is required to have:
- Outstanding Interpersonal and Communication Skills. Expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the individual or group; listens to and comprehends what others are saying; prepares organized and structured presentations; has demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues and communicate effectively with a diverse group of girls, volunteers, and staff.
- Customer Responsiveness. Provides superior customer service to all internal and external customers. Seeks and acknowledges the views and ideas from customer; identifies, prioritizes, and balances customer issues; takes time to answer questions and explain decisions; follows through on commitments to customers in a timely manner; maintains a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Project Management. Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple projects while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines, formulate short- and long-term project goals, objectives, schedules, and priorities in line with council goals; anticipate issues, obstacles, or opportunities that may impact plans or actions; establish courses of action for accomplishing goals while attending to and incorporating information obtained during day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Excellent independent decision-making skills and strong resourcefulness. Proven record of functioning as a self-starter who can work independently with minimal oversight and take initiative; demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, self-management, and organization.
Additional Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in lieu of education
- Bilingual in Spanish (desired)
- Experience in project management
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Volunteer Experience preferred
- Ability to adapt to changing situations
- Ability to use technology and learn new technology applications
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check
- Must be able to commute an average of 400-600 miles a month
- Valid California driver’s license, access to reliable transportation, and proof of insurance
To apply, please follow the link below. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,760.00 to $54,921.00 /year
- Customer Relationship Management: 2 years (Required)
- Presentation Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- CA Driver License (Preferred)