The Government and Public Affairs Specialist will provide support and project management for the department, focusing on projects related to franchising and other company commitments, strategic charitable contributions, budget and other projects as assigned. This position is critical to ensuring that franchise and community commitments are compliant and executed in a timely manner. In addition to execution, this position will be challenged to monitor and analyze these commitments to maximize effectiveness and efficiency, continually evaluate impact and evolve initiatives accordingly including proactively identifying opportunities that better align our commitments and community engagement with business priorities. This individual must be able to foster strong working relationships as a trusted partner, working with Department staff and business contacts at all levels and without explicit reporting relationships. Individual must be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, possess excellent communication skills and able to effectively handle multiple projects meeting assigned deadlines. Must demonstrate initiative and be able to see tasks through to completion with minimal oversight.
- Cable Franchises/Ordinances: Support compliance with franchises including preparation of necessary paperwork related to contracts with franchising authorities, maintenance of accurate records, implementation of franchise obligations, proactive action on required items including interaction with company departments needed to fulfill obligations, maximization of entitlements, and strategic evaluation of efficient and effective fulfillment of requirements.
- Project Management: Lead and/or support assigned projects. Create, track, clearly communicate and ensure adherence to timeline, milestones and deliverables; Coordinate with key internal and external stakeholders; ensure project is executed in an operationally efficient manner and that roadblocks are timely assessed and escalated with recommended solutions.
- Tracking and Periodic Review of Compliance Related Activity: Oversee tracking of compliance/franchise related items and required notices, communicating and presenting a plan for fulfillment in a timely manner and engaging all necessary stakeholders. Prepare and produce required regulatory notices, payments and other fulfillment as required. Perform periodic reviews as appropriate and proactively make recommendations as appropriate to evolve operations and effectiveness.
- Contributions and Budget Management: Maintain budget, track expenditures/transactions, and ensure timely payments. Evaluate effectiveness of contributions and other community expenditures to ensure engagement is appropriately and effectively maximized to align with business and community objectives.
- Database Management: Maintain database of elected and other public officials. Responsible for updating the information regularly, particularly following elections. May also include tracking of community and philanthropic activity.
- Outreach and Community Planning: Create community outreach plans as required, engaging necessary stakeholders, ensuring tactic implementation, producing related materials including briefings, talking points and more to communicate message and track effectiveness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country - to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Four years of business, operational or analyst experience; government, media, communications experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and act quickly with demonstrable judgment.
- Ability to develop and execute an initiative with minimal ongoing oversight and excellent follow through.
- Ability to establish relationships at all levels in a corporate setting.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among disparate interests to achieve business goals.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities at once and prioritize without jeopardizing deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated “speed to market” skills, and nimble to change direction.
- Collaborative and team-oriented.
- Ability to be a quick study on new areas.
- Positive, solution-oriented demeanor.
- Proficient knowledge, with proven experience of Microsoft Office applications.