The ideal candidate is a degreed Mechanical Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of Maintenance / Reliability experience in an industrial setting. Experience in rotating and stationary equipment is desired. Noranda Aluminum Holding Corporation is a leading North American integrated producer of value-added primary aluminum products and high quality rolled aluminum coils. Noranda is comprised of an upstream primary metals division and a downstream rolled products division. Our upstream division includes the aluminum smelter near New Madrid, Missouri, as well as supporting operations at our vertically integrated bauxite mine in St. Ann, Jamaica and alumina refinery in Gramercy, Louisiana. One of the largest foil producers in North America and a major producer of light gauge sheet product, our downstream business comprises four rolling mill facilities across Tennessee, North Carolina and Arkansas.
Fully integrated with global assets from Bauxite to Aluminum Foil, we drive a value-added growth model with a rigorous focus on productivity and cash management. At Noranda we make every effort to employ best practices in safety and environmental stewardship, as well as to give back in the communities in which we live and work. Every day we build a sustainable, integrated aluminum company founded on growth and successful long-term relationships with our customers, co-workers, suppliers, communities and investors. We get results by doing the right things the right way.
Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/security systems. Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. This broad primary role includes loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management.
- Works with Operations and Maintenance to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning
plans. Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical MRO
suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develops acceptance tests and inspection
criteria as needed.
- Participates in the final check-out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance
testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications
maintenance plan that includes:
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an asset
Value-added preventive maintenance tasks.
Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Provides input on quality and provides quality checks on non-OEM part substitution) to eliminate
reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant
operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill
this responsibility, the reliability engineer applies:
Data analysis techniques that can include:
Statistical process control
Reliability modeling and prediction
Fault tree analysis (FMEA)
Root cause analysis (RCA) and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
Failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system
- Works with Production to perform analyses of assets including:
Remaining useful life
Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability, reliability and costs of assets.
- Provides technical support to production maintenance and technical personnel
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/design and make/buy decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Advanced computer skills, with emphasis on condition
- Minimum of 10 years maintenance and reliability, production management, engineering or operations
- Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments (production,
sales, logistics, accounting), contractors, suppliers inspectors and customers
- Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge and aptitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance programs and the tools associated with failure detection
(i.e. vibration analysis, oil monitoring, thermography) as well as the software associated with them
- Facilitator/Communicator [Deal with gray areas where responsibilities are shared by two or more
groups. Find and implement solutions while avoiding finger-pointing.]
- At least 10 years of experience in most of the following areas: the design, installation and
maintenance of boilers, pumps, piping, valves, conveyors, vacuum pumps, mechanical seals, air
compressors, and air conditioning systems. Knowledge and experience with predictive maintenance
tools and techniques would be beneficial. Experience in steam turbines would be a plus. A solid
electrical background would also be a plus.