A generous benefits package is included with full-time positions: paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, and medical, vision, and dental insurance.
Health Insurance: Low bi-weekly premiums for employee-only coverage, Kaiser HMO for those residing in a Kaiser service area, Anthem EPO/PPO is available for those residing outside a Kaiser service area. Voluntary +1 and +family coverage at additional cost. Delta Dental DHMO and DPPO dental insurance are offered.
Life and Voluntary Options. An employer-paid life insurance policy covers employees. Voluntary supplemental life, short-term and long-term disability plans are available.
Retirement Plans: Employer-funded Money Purchase Pension Plan (Defined Contribution Plan) 50% vested at five years eligible service time. Plus, an employee-funded voluntary 403(b) option.
Parental Leave: The benefit is 40 hours of Paid Leave for qualifying events.
Sick Leave: 12 days of Sick Leave annually accruing from day one, eligible for use after three months’ service time.
- Two weeks annually, accruing from day one, for non-exempt positions.
- Four weeks annually, accruing from day one, for exempt positions.
- Accrued vacation is eligible for use after six months’ service time.
Paid Holidays: 13 designated holidays + 1 floating holiday per year
The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church and the ultimate goal of all programs is spiritual regeneration of all people.
The Salvation Army is an equal opportunity employer.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or GED completion preferred.
- Must have some experience working with youth in a supervisor role.
- Must be able to read and write clearly in English.
- Bilingual is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- An understanding and acceptance of the Salvation Army’s mission, philosophy, and practices.
- A current first aid and CPR card, or ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, with other staff and to the general public.
- Ability to work within the Salvation Army organization and carry out the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ability to work with young and old alike.
- Ability to play, teach, and officiate a variety of games.
- Ability to stop disagreements and keep disagreements from happening.
- Ability to keep calm in demanding situations.
- Ability to assist in the organization and implementation of Summer Day Camp programs as assigned by the Community Center Director.
- WA drivers license is preferred.
- General PC knowledge required.
- Use of the internet helpful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create a positive experience, and atmosphere in both the Gym and Gameroom.
- Work to ensure the well-being of the people that participate in the programs of the Community Center.
- Actively recruit people to participate in the programs of the Community Center.
- Work with the community center director to provide events on a regular basis such as tournaments, game challenges, and trips.
- Person shall supervise Gym, Game room, and the front office as assigned, and shall not leave his/her area except when relieved by another staff person.
- Person shall assist in the organization of and lead activities as assigned.
- Shall know all times and programs of the Community Center and promote and encourage participation in programs.
- Must maintain daily statistics and other statistics as assigned.
- Must clean and help maintain cleanliness of all gym areas.
- Must know all exits and emergency exits, location of fire extinguishers, and location of first aid supplies.
- Shall issue all equipment and games only through proof of membership and follow proper checkout procedures.
- Must maintain order and discipline with confidence. He or she will enforce the rules by restricting any member if necessary.
- Will be responsible for notifying Supervisor of need for any necessary program equipment in which the Gym Assistant is directly responsible.
- Will be responsible for all programs in operation during the absence of the Community Center Director’s assistant.
- Will track center clients and/or members using available information and system.
- OTHER: Any other items pertinent to the efficient operation of the Corps Community Center as requested by the Community Center Director
- While performing duties of this job employee may be required to stand or sit for long periods
- Must be able to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Must walk, run, sit, stand, and bend on an intermittent or sometimes continuous basis.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds and occasionally 40 pounds.
- Frequent phone and in-person contact with people from diverse backgrounds. An ability to hear and communicate clearly.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is a reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
The Salvation Army will comply with all governmental orders and any contractual obligations relative to COVID-19 safety measures, including mandatory vaccination of staff, if required. The Salvation Army will consider requests for exemptions from any such requirements on either religious or medical grounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/People with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)