Ballpark Village is the center for St. Louis regional entertainment, hosting more than an estimated 4.5 million visitors annually with 150-plus events per year. We are located in the heart of the central business district and adjacent to Busch Stadium, surrounded by parking and have unprecedented highway access for the region. Our facility contains more than 100,000 sq. ft. of retail and entertainment including flagship anchors like Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum, Cardinals Nation Restaurant, and Anheuser-Busch Brew House.
Manager Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with standards of service and operating procedures.
- Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or other compliance requirements.
- Supervise day-to-day activities of one or more food and/or beverage outlets or assigned portion of the operation.
- Plan and organize work.
- Communicate and enforce policies and procedures.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and certified and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Establish and implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Assist with creating innovative programs and promotions to market special menu items, increase sales, and increase guest patronage. Assist in the development and implementation of new menus and local food and beverage marketing programs, and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs.
- Assist in monitoring performance of the restaurant through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Initiate corrective action as needed.
- Maintain procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of restaurant inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs. Participate in taking inventories.
- Achieve budgeted revenues, control expenses and labor costs, and maximize profitability within all areas of the food and beverage outlet(s). Assist in preparation of the annual operating budget which supports the overall objectives of the food and beverage outlet(s).
- Ensure that all restaurant equipment (coffee and soda machines, registers, etc.) are in proper operational condition and cleaned on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all restaurant facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes.
- May coordinate special events scheduled for the venue.
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1-2 years restaurant management experience in a full service restaurant/nightclub or similar setting.
- Hospitality Management Degree or some college preferred.
- Must speak fluent English, other languages preferred.
The Manager position requires the ability to perform the following:
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the facility, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, ordering and receiving inventory, and giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Moving about the outlet(s) safely and efficiently.
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils.
- Bending, stooping, and kneeling.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
Weekly day range:
Work Location: In person