TITLE: Line Cook
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to Lead Line Cook
In absence, reports to Store Manager, Production Manager, or General Manager
The line cook position is responsible for executing menu items and specials on the Southside line. He/she will assume responsibility for quality of dishes and all food preparations executed from the line. He/she will work in a timely fashion and with an attention to detail. He/she will work in conjunction with all FOH and BOH members to ensure a cohesive and united team.
- Setting up and stocking line with necessary food items and supplies
- Keeps an up-to-date knowledge of all Southside food and drink preparations
- Answer, report, and follow direction from lead line cook.
- Clean station and take proper care of all food items
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Assists with prep and production
- Responsible for the cleanliness and upkeep of line
- Performs equipment checks and reports any variances to lead line cook.
- Provides superior customer service and maintains customer service standards throughout the Southside team
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Must have a great attitude, be a team player, and have the ability to communicate with coworkers & customers
- Self-starter, highly motivated, and dependable
- Experience in pantry and hot & cold line in high volume restaurants (3+ years)
- Proficient knife skills, and understands how to read and execute a recipe.
- Ability to be flexible to restaurant needs, including schedule and workload
- Willingness to perform all tasks within the operation
- Keeps up-to-date on food and beverage scenes and culture
- Presents a clean-cut, neat, and professional image
- Able to routinely lift 50 pounds, work long shifts standing, and bend and stretch
- Must be able to speak and understand basic English
- 5 days per week and available until 4:30 p.m. each dat
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time