The Senior Systems Engineer will with the members of our Client Engagement Teams to provide advanced systems knowledge, design solutions to client business challenges, deploy advanced systems and provide an escalation point for complex and difficult technology issues. They are also expected to participate as a member of the Senior Team which is responsible for evaluating and designing technology solutions for Data Evolution, LLC.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with Client Engagement Teams in order to design and deploy advanced technology solutions for client business challenges.
- Scheduled travel to our client’s sites to meet with or participate in meetings with client IT directors or Point of Contacts, to discuss infrastructure and IT systems guidance or projects.
- Deploy IT infrastructure projects working with other members of the CET or Project teams, provide follow ups and documentation.
- Act as a mentor to Systems Engineers and Systems Administrators, guiding them in their knowledge of technology solutions and processes.
- Participate as a member of the Senior Team, assisting the company with the evaluation and with choosing the “best of breed” technology solution partners.
- Perform network and systems assessments when needed or requested or assist with these. Collect data into report and present to client.
- Manage and guide the infrastructure of assigned clients.
- Provide escalation point for difficult or complex technology issues and solutions.
- Provide timely updates to assigned tickets in our Connectwise PSA system.
- Provide ticket time entries at the time of service and in conformance with published ticket and time SOPs.
- Update clients site documentation with any changes made or to check and insure accuracy of documentation.
- Participate in companies “on-call” rotation, conforming to SOPs for that process.
- Manage assigned client(s) when needed
- 8 or more years of IT infrastructure management and deployment experience.
- 2 or 4 year degree in an IT related discipline.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and operating systems.
- Strong Network knowledge of switches, routers, and firewalls.
- strong PC and network\internet troubleshooting skills.
- Strong solution evaluation process.
- Strong attention to detail, strong follow through and follow up on tasks and tickets.
- Linux or Unix knowledge, or willingness to learn.
- Requires 2 or more intermediate or advanced industry certifications; for example, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, VCP.
This job is typically during business hours of 8am – 6pm but does have requirements for occasional evening weekend work.
Job Type: Full-time