Primary Job Function:
Build lifetime quality financial relationships with each member by providing competitive products and excellent service.
- Assist the branch management team in overseeing the daily operations of the branch.
- Ensure the integrity of the procedures required for the safe and efficient operation of the branch.
- Provide support to the staff, Assistant Branch Manager I and Branch Manager.
- Assume Assistant Branch Manager I’s responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Under dual control, assist with opening and closing branch daily.
- Assist in the daily operation of all branch units.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels.
- Responsible for coordinating the workflow of each branch unit.
- Provides service and assistance to escalated member service issues.
- Assist branch management team with administrative duties including performance evaluations, employee discipline, attendance, branch communications, and the preparation of monthly reports.
- Maintains dual control over negotiable instruments and devices.
- When necessary, assist the Teller Supervisor in performing monthly surprise cash in compliance with established guidelines.
- Conduct periodic coaching sessions with staff.
- Disseminate information regarding changes in policy and procedure, products, and service offerings in a timely manner.
- Ensures the security and recap items are in balance at the close of the day.
- Develop and promotes team spirit within the branch.
- Recommend changes to branch policies and/or procedures to branch management, to improve the overall operations of the branch and service to the membership.
- Assist in controlling branch expenses within budgetary constraints.
- Assist in securing the premise through the proper activation of all security instruments, including: Premise, Vault, CDM, and ATM alarms as well as the premise’s cameras.
- Comply with BSA and SAR requirements.
- Travel and work at other branch locations as required at ad-hoc’s notice.
- Other related duties and special projects as required.
- College degree, preferably in business management or equivalent years of banking experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years branch banking – management/supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational ability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft for Windows Applications.
- Must be able to work under pressure and be available to work flexible hours
Municipal Credit Union (MCU) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time