What you’ll do
- Review and provide input to the product management team during initial preparation of functional specifications and interaction design for new or improved features within the Xero online accounting system or the related sub systems.
- Prepare test cases and associated test plans from final functional specifications and interaction designs for the purpose of application quality assurance testing of software deliverables
- Execute test plans, including the logging and detailing of issues identified, through the agreed process on our issue tracking system
- Monitor and review bug fixes and track issues through development, re-testing and closure
- Maintain a broad understanding of full application scope and features, whilst also developing deeper specialization in agreed functional areas
- Assist in the development and utilization of automated testing tools, including development of integration tests and scripted regression tests
Success looks like
- Provide timely and clear input to the product management team for new or improved features
- Develop and work on test cases and test plans for specified development feature releases
- Execute test plans as per the agreed schedule/process • Produce testing results, including issue logging, tracking and retesting
- Improve the overall automated test coverage of the software
What you'll bring with you
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills • Attention to detail and strong communication skills
- A strong team player who takes pride and ownership in their work and an ability to work easily across a number of teams.
- An ability to bring new ideas to the table, a passion for all things web and a willingness to go the extra mile.
- 1+ years experience creating and implementing automated tests over multiple layers
- Experience setting up and maintaining an automation test framework
- Experienced with business management systems developed and deployed using web-based technologies
- Complex web and UI testing experience
- Selenium automation experience preferred
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.