The Preschool Director is responsible for the running of a new preschool. He/she will recruit and train staff and enroll up to 75 children through marketing and family engagement. In addition to managing the program on a day to day basis, the Director is responsible for shaping, articulating and implementing the educational vision of the school and is the primary contact for parents, community leaders, and funders. The director will ensure the mission of the program is realized. We are ready to get started with someone who has vision, passion, determination and is resourceful. The right person has an entrepreneurial spirit and is committed to creating an innovative and creative learning environment where all children can thrive. If you are excited about the prospect of opening a school and implementing the very best early childhood practices, then this may be the place for you.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the early childhood program;
- Help create policies and procedures
- Establish a marketing plan for school
- Maintain and advance high-quality early childhood programs and high performing classrooms for young children;
- Collaborate with key organizations to ensure the highest quality of service and administration;
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders – coalitions, community groups, government, and families.
- Continue to define and refine programmatic outcomes;
- Develop a highly competent early childhood workforce in line with federal, state and city standards and establish core competencies and standards of excellence;
- Serve as a mentor/coach to early childhood staff.
- Create positive partnerships with families by serving as a resource and responding to questions and concerns and establish a strong sense of community and family.
- Maintain active waiting lists, enrollment, payroll, and center/school expenses systems.
- Ensure that all licenses and permits are current.
- NYS Certified in Early Childhood Education;
- Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field;
- Trained in Child Abuse and Infectious Disease Control;
- Excellent written, verbal and computer skills;
TO APPLY: Send a resume
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more