Be a part of the largest independent food distributorship in the USA!
We, at Harvest-Sherwood Food Distributors, are looking for qualified candidates for a Sr. Director, Category Development opportunity at our corporate office.
As a part of Corporate Sales, the Senior Director, Category Development is responsible for driving superior sales performance through the development, delivery and presentation of industry-leading category insights. This role reports to the SVP, Sales and Marketing. The overall business objective of the Senior Director, Category Development is to partner with the organization’s sales, procurement and operational leadership to identify opportunities for category development based upon identification and analyses of industry and customer trends that influence buying behaviors to maximize profits for the organization resulting in accelerated and sustained growth of our business. This role will lead enterprise wide business innovation initiatives and selling approaches. All initiatives developed by the Category Development team will be executed by the General Managers and the Sales Leaders, who remain responsible for the profit and loss statements of their branches.
- Identify customer demand opportunities to drive accelerated growth for the organization.
- Work with Procurement and Specified vendors to develop category specific strategies.
- Develop and execute strategic category plans and joint business plans with sales, procurement and operations leadership.
- Create strategies and presentations based on customer and industry data and trend analysis to identify and target customer groups with the highest potential of profit return for the organization.
- Collaborate with sales, procurement and operational leadership to design, implement and present category management reviews with organizational leadership and key customers.
- Create business cases/value proposition for identified opportunities.
- Build category management procedures, account marketing tactics, and business planning activity in alignment with operating budgets and expense plans.
- Responsible for determining the positioning of categories to maximize visibility and expansion of products within the category.
- Identify category maximization opportunities through the analysis of market trends, spend, financials, total cost of service and risk assessments.
- Develop exit strategies for suboptimal category areas.
- Develop selling tools in collaboration with the Sales Growth team to capitalize on category and expansion opportunities.
- Measure results, sharing success stories across the branches.
- Course correct when results do not meet expectations.
- Lead and assist with change management through communication and adoption planning.
- Bachelor's degree in management, business, marketing or other relevant field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible selling and/or management experience, with a demonstrated record of success and effective performance.
- Extensive knowledge of industry and consumer needs, possessing a commercial mindset along with full comprehension of marketing and sales principles.
- Demonstrated experience problem solving through fact-based decision making and applying out of the box thinking while assessing implications of decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence at multiple levels of a team environment within in a matrix organization.
- Ability to mange projects from concept to completion.
- Advanced analytical and forecasting skills to interpret and align data from multiple sources with the ability to organize and present information in a form that is both engaging and understandable.
- Proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to travel domestically from time to time (less than 25%).
Harvest-Sherwood is committed to offering competitive benefits to our employees and their dependents, including paid vacation, health insurances, and a 401K plan!
- We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.