Gannett Co., Inc.(NYSE:
GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
USA TODAY NETWORK Newsroom Internship- Des Moines, IA
The Des Moines Register is seeking a top notch talent for our reporter internship. This internship is a part-time opportunity beginning in January 2019.
In this role, you will:
- Report and write about general assignment topics in central Iowa, with a focus on public safety and trending news.
- Produce photos and videos about general news topics.
- Participate in the Register’s curation team efforts, identifying social media trends and bringing local context to the discussion.
About Our Location:
- Candidates must be juniors, seniors or graduate journalism students attending a four-year college or university
- Prior experience working for a college publication is required
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle record, proof of insurance and reliable transportation
- Previous journalism-related internship preferred
- Knowledge of Iowa and Spanish are a plus
- Provide 5 (five) samples of work with your application
Des Moines is Iowa’s rapidly growing capital city, with a downtown in the midst of a building boom. There’s also a downtown sculpture garden and skating rink, Riverwalk and recreational trails that connect with others Central Iowa trails, and a blossoming urban neighborhood of lofts, shops and restaurants. Yet it remains a comfortably sized metro area with reasonable commutes.
Gannett Co., Inc.(NYSE:
GCI)is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.