The Procedural Logistics Supervisor has overall responsibility for the operations of Surgical Materials and its PAR Optimization for SUMC.
Participates in the planning and development and is responsible for the implementation and management of new
products, methods, procedures, systems, etc that relate to material management. Monitors and recommends changes to policies and procedures used in the management of inventory.
1) Continuously assesses and improves department's performance based on 'customer' needs; and participates in improving performance and services which benefit staff, patients and other customers.
2) Effectively maintains appropriate quality improvement and control programs in response to staff and patient feedback, internal standards of care and external requirements.
3) Monitors and improves methods and procedures for ordering, receiving, issuing, quality control, charge collection and reconciliation of inventory.
4) Monitors and recommends changes to policies and procedures for the operations and activities of systems ensuring compliance with applicable requirements of Federal, State and any other regulatory agency including JCAHO.
5) Participates in the planning and development of new products, methods, procedures, systems, etc. and is responsible for the implementation and management of the same within the scope of materials management.
6) Provides for the scheduling and documentation of in-service, education and training programs for assigned staff.
7) Researches and reports on budget variances, maintains operation statistics and prepares reports as needed.
Responsibility for department staffing needs and shares budgetary responsibility with the manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
Skills and Abilities to:
- Financial and statistical activity reports.
- Automated materials management functions.
- Medical/surgical supplies and equipment.
- Be sensitive to the needs of customers through the practice of quality service principles.
- Develop programs and lead process improvement projects.
- Research and interpret relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Strategize, plan and implement change.
- Supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results.
- Understand, draft and negotiate Contractual Agreements.
- Work effectively both as a team player and leader