Measure mobile equipment operating efficiencies and identify opportunities for optimization. Develop and provide training to maintain productive, safe mobile equipment utilization. Research and implement new technology that can improve safety and production. Work with Mine Planning , Drilling & Blasting, and other support groups to improve pit productivity and safety. Assist plant operations in scheduling equipment operator training and identifying task trainers. Requires frequent travel.
- Measure and analyze loading and hauling cycle times.
- Develop and provide training; such as HALOS, for plant operations management/supervisors.
- Assist plant supervision with developing proper haul roads, working floors, and implementing pit improvement projects.
o Measure and correct haul road defects; such as, grade, crown, slope/crossfall drainage, width, berms , etc.
o Establish benchmarks and implement loading methods/training for proper working pit floors.
- Work with Mine Planning and Drilling & Blasting support groups to identify and implement short term pit development projects that increase productivity.
- Work with and coach mobile equipment operators as needed.
- Develop mobile equipment operator standards. Provide manlift, boom truck, crane and any other specialty equipment training.
- Audit mobile equipment safety, operating practices, and utilization.
- Attend training classes to keep abreast of latest operator techniques and technologies.
- 70-80% time in the field.
BS Degree is preferred or 10 years mining experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess strong initiative, motivation, assertiveness and a positive attitude. Must sustain high ethical and moral standards.
- Safety-first attitude and willingness to communicate any concerns to peers.
- Ability to inspire creativity, integrity, stewardship and loyalty with peers.
- Thorough understanding of production & equipment efficiencies.
- Ability to anticipate, plan and coordinate projects, and proactively think through hypothetical “what if” scenarios to develop contingency plans.
- Thorough understanding of blasting principles, haul road conditions, mine plans, equipment capabilities and their effect on productivity.
- Understanding of VMC EMS system, Loadrite, Vision-Link, and drone supported pit analysis software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation and speaking skills in group settings.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; self-directed and motivated; highly organized.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn the operation of new software programs.
Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.