Your local Walmart is now hiring Overnight Personal Shoppers!
Full-Time Temporary with potential to Full Time
We are looking for a friendly, organized and energetic associate to join our team.
What you’ll do at Walmart
Essential Functions: An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
· Maintains merchandise presentation by stocking and rotating merchandise, removing damaged or out-of-date goods, setting up, cleaning, and organizing product displays, signing and pricing merchandise appropriately, and securing fragile and high-shrink merchandise.
· Receives and stocks merchandise throughout the facility and organizes the backroom by following company safety, cleaning, and operating procedures, utilizing equipment appropriately, setting up displays, maintaining modular integrity, receiving, sorting, staging, and delivering merchandise, and completing paperwork, logs, and other required documentation.
· Provides customer service by acknowledging the customer, identifying customer needs, assisting with purchasing decisions, locating merchandise, resolving customer issues and concerns, promoting products and services; operating equipment, such as cash registers and related tools, to process customer purchases using appropriate procedures for different payment types and items sold; maintaining a safe shopping environment; and appropriately representing and supporting the company's mission.
Competencies: An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
· Judgment: WMH - Uses policies, procedures, and/or guides to make good choices. Uses data and facts in order to make day-to-day decisions and involves others as needed. Recognizes what might be a problem and informs those who can correct it.
· Adaptability: WMH - Adapts to changing work demands. Stays focused on own work when faced with change or difficulties. Stays open to and learns from feedback.
· Execution and Results: WMH - Ensures work is done correctly. Works on top priorities first. Makes a consistent effort to get results. Meets deadlines. Takes action in order to solve problems so work can be completed in a timely manner.
· Stocking/Receiving: WMH - Follows proper procedures to prevent theft and loss when stocking, receiving, maintaining, and securing goods. Receives, stages, and delivers goods to appropriate areas throughout the Facility in a timely manner. Reports complaints and problems with products, services, and conditions in the Stocking/Receiving area. Uses stocking/receiving supplies and equipment in safe and correct ways.
· Inventory: GM - Handles, moves, and displays goods in safe and correct ways. Tracks goods, maintains in-stock levels, and controls shrinkage in a timely manner. Reports poor inventory practices and low in-stock levels in assigned area. Uses inventory tools and equipment in safe and correct ways.
· Customer/Member Centered: Serve the Customer/Member - Shows care and concern when serving our customers/members. Asks questions in order to understand customer/member needs. Uses policies and information in order to exceed customer/member expectations. Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve customer/member requests.
· Planning and Improvement: Plan for and Improve Work - Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required.
· Influence and Communicate: Share Information - Listens to others and asks questions to learn about what is needed. Communicates the right information to associates and leaders when they need it. Communicates in a respectful and professional manner.
· Ethics and Compliance: Perform to Ethical Standards - Follows company policies and procedures (for example, the Ten Foot Rule). Shows integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations. Reports ethical and compliance issues promptly.
Physical Activities: The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
· Visually verifies information, often in small print.
· Reads information, often in small print.
· Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
· Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
· Moves up and down a ladder. Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift