HISTOLOGY TECHNICIAN – PATHOLOGY
Seguin Pathology Services, an Independent Pathology Laboratory and Medical Office providing patient care since 1986, has an opening for a Histology Technician. The Histology Technician prepares and processes tissue specimens for examination and diagnosis by a pathologist; maintains instruments and equipment, performs and monitors quality control to include daily laboratory duties. Please see below job description of position duties, functions, and requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares and processes surgical, bone marrow, body fluids, and biopsy specimens for gross and microscopic examination by a pathologist;
- Prepares frozen sections of surgical specimens for microscopic examination by a pathologist;
- Performs preventive maintenance, calibrations, on common instruments and keeps records of maintenance;
- Understands and performs basic quality control; identifies quality control problems, participates in quality assurance monitors;
- Answers telephones, performs data entry, files slides and paperwork, manages inventory of all laboratory supplies, and performs general laboratory duties.
Minimum Education, Experience, and Certificates Required:
- High School Graduation or equivalent with no less than 1 year experience in histology;
- Certificate of Completion as Histology Technician from Accredited Histology Program.
- Full time position, 7am-4pm, Monday-Friday.
Job Type: Full-time
- Histology: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)