The Sr. QA Analyst will be responsible for both manual and automated testing to ensure the quality and validity of product releases. As a member of a Scrum development team, the Sr. QA Engineer will define, write and execute manual and automated tests scripts in a complex enterprise web environment, and work with developer team members and product owners to ensure quality deliverables from the team.
The Engineer will be asked to guide the automated test efforts of members in the Development and QA team, and ensure the automation strategy complements the overall testing strategy.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of automated testing frameworks and methodologies in web-based enterprise software systems.
This position is based out of our Alpharetta, GA office
- Development and maintenance of Automated Test frameworks and systems
- Act as the testing lead on a Scrum Team
- Work with team members and product owners to groom user stories such that they have testable success criteria
- Review and Analysis of Functional Specifications and/or related documentation
- Writing of Test cases and Test plans. (Functional, End-to-End workflow tests)
- Development and execution of complex automated test scripts which readily and clearly identify variations from expected results
- Work closely with developers and other QA engineers to discuss defects and resolutions
- Assist developers and QA engineers in the ownership, creation and consumption of automated tests
- 5-10 years hands-on experience in web-based automation test development
- Ability to translate user stories and narratives into testable success criteria in the absence of detailed requirements and specifications
- Selenium WebDriver API and QTP programming experience a must
- Technical knowledge of the at least some of following languages: Python, SQL, Groovy, VBScript, ANT
- Technical knowledge of at least some of the following applications: SQL Developer, VMware, Eclipse, SoapUI, Jenkins
- Ability to perform automated testing against a web application UI
- Ability to perform automated testing against RESTful services
- Ability to read, write and analyze SQL database queries. (MSSQL, Oracle)
- Test reporting knowledge and review, using TestNG, SoapUI and QTP reporting
- The ability to estimate effort, make and meet commitments is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to own and self-manage daily tasks
- Preferred Skills:
- Working knowledge and experience with JIRA, Confluence and Git
- Working with containerized environments such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Deployment and configuration of J2EE applications in containers such as JBoss
- Experience with Scrum development process
- Experience as a Scrum Master is a plus
- Experience with application security testing
- Experience in financial services
Minimum BS in Computer Science or related field
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company's solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents.
Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.
Bottomline is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program EOE/AA/M/F/V/D/E-Verify Employer
Bottomline Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Bottomline Technologies does not accept resumes submitted by recruiting firms unless specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be ineligible for referral