The Sr. Payroll Analyst reviews complex payroll, benefits, and tax-related issues, as well as reconciliations with an emphasis on analytical expertise to ensures year to date totals are balanced with the general ledger. The Sr. Payroll Analyst ensures the integrity and reliability of payroll and payroll taxes. The position reports to the Payroll Director and is responsible for leading, supporting and participating in all aspects of payroll processing. The Sr. Payroll Analyst is skilled at efficiently analyzing large amounts of data and making decisions using this information. Responsible for the analytical activities involved in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of payroll, ensuring garnishments and other statutory mandated deductions are processed accurately. Ensures pay rules are accurate and consistently applied. Maintains an expert working knowledge of proper taxation of employer-paid benefits. Maintains expert knowledge of Pace’s payroll system. Supports the creation of accurate and timely bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports. Responsible for providing payroll data for inclusion in financial statements. Maintain effective working relationships across the organization. Fosters collaboration and ensures response to customer inquiries aligns with departmental and organizational service standard expectations.
- Identify improvement or automation opportunities by reviewing process and implement changes in order to save time or costs and improve data integrity.
- Oversees payroll interfaces. Inspects automated systems output such as registers and reports. Prepare accounting transactions and documents.
- Research and prepare special reports for management. Develop, document and update procedures related to functional responsibilities.
- Perform in-depth research, analyze and resolve complex employee tax issues, inquiries and various reporting requirements as well as address tax issues that may arise during payroll processing with high sense of urgency.
- Serve as s subject matter expert (SME) for Payroll reporting and data needs
- Functional administration of the Kronos system inclusive of the banner interface mapping tables, University holiday schedule, pay rules, accruals and profile management.
- Ensure the accuracy of payroll system tax postings
- Perform general ledger account reconciliation on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Perform reconciliations for past payroll tax filings
- Prepare postings and reconciliations for International Students
- Work closely with third party vendor to ensure proper remittance , reporting and treatment of payroll taxes
- Work closely with garnishment vendors to ensure proper remittance, reporting and treatment of deductions process and post accurately.
- Work with internal / external auditors, providing necessary information and resolve inquiries as needed.
- Assist and coordinate documentation updates and management testing based on audit findings.
- Maintain good working knowledge of accounting policies and impacts on Payroll. -Coordinate and assist implementation of significant new accounting policies affecting Payroll
- Develop, review, and update process documentation and payroll policies as well as ensure they are current within department and department website
- Design, and deliver Payroll Metrics and Reporting for use in business planning, analysis, and forecasting.
- Performs other such duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Accounting or Information Systems preferred
- FPC or CPP preferred
- Ability to design and implement process improvements to work within or around system limitations; ability to think outside of the box
- Strong communication skills and customer-centric approach toward customer service -Intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge including pivot tables and v-lookups.
- Thinks analytically, focuses on the big picture, and is able to drill into the detail and understand the impact.
- Adapts to shifting priorities.
- A minimum of three to five years of technical payroll and time tracking experience in a large payroll environment (greater than 5,000); Ellucian Banner and Kronos experience a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to forge productive relationship with employees and peers.
- Strong listening skills and ability to understand employee needs and translate those needs into deliverables.
- Experience handling confidential issues in a professional and discreet manner.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong focus, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, self-motivated environment with minimal supervision.
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.M- F and additional time as required by duties of this position.
Posting Number S00852P
Job Open Date 07/05/2020
Job Close Date 08/05/2020
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicant
About the Institution
Pace University has a proud history of preparing its diverse student body for a lifetime of professional success as a result of its unique program that combines rigorous academics and real-world experiences. Pace is ranked the #1 private, four-year college in the nation for upward economic mobility by Harvard University’s Opportunity Insights, evidence of the transformative education the University provides.
From its beginnings as an accounting school in 1906, Pace has grown to three campuses, enrolling 13,000 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in more than 150 majors and programs, across a range of disciplines: arts, sciences, business, health care, technology, law, education, and more. The university also has one of the most competitive performing arts programs in the country. Pace has a signature, newly renovated campus in New York City, located in the heart of vibrant Lower Manhattan, next to Wall Street and City Hall, and two campuses in Westchester County, New York: a 200-acre picturesque Pleasantville Campus and a Law School in White Plains.
Pace University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Annual Security Report Notice
Pace is committed to ensuring the safety and security of the students, faculty, staff and visitors to the University. In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University’s Safety and Security department publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which can be accessed here. The report contains information on security policies as well as crime and fire statistics for the University.
Benefits Offered http://www.pace.edu/human-resources/compensation-benefits/prospective-full-time-employee