Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,400 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
Benefits & Compensation
Starting Rate: $21.50
Range is: $21.50- $24.00
- Tip Share - Earn up to $2/hr extra in tips
- Employee discount at Skechers Food Spot
- First Free pair of Skechers Non-Slip Shoes
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Career Growth
- Fun Work Environment
- Community Focus
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- 401k Eligibility
- Sick Pay Eligibility
Cooks primary responsibility is to ensure menu items are prepped and plated to recipe adhering to safety, sanitation and food handling guidelines making absolute sure food is “never just good, but GREAT!”
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS-
Essential functions include, but are not limited to following:
Ensure menu items are prepped & prepared to recipe with strict adherence to food handling guidelines allowing for guest’s individual specifications if possible.
- Displays depth of food knowledge and understands cooking procedures.
- Ability to follow company standards, safety regulations, checklists and work as valued team member.
- Ability to work in a high pace environment.
- Receive, organize, store, rotate, day dot, prep and plate to recipe all food.
- Able to do repetitive work.
- Responsible to clean and maintain equipment following directions for use, safety and maintenance. Equipment includes grills and deep fryers.
- Aware of items out of stock, back in stock and limited quantities and communicating to all staff.
Physical ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Physical ability to balance heavy items.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Previous restaurant experience highly preferred.
- Able to communicate clearly with fellow staff members and guests.
- Ability to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure.
- Knowledge of equipment and able to report to manager when something needs repair.
- Ability to self-motivate in work environment.
- Keep a clean, stocked and tidy workspace.
- The ability to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Assist in managing dining room cleanliness, efficient food delivery, and other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, policies, and procedures, and operating and maintenance instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 10 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to raw meat, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: 19000 South Vermont Avenue, Gardena, CA 90248
Pay: $21.50 - $24.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
- Fast casual restaurant
- Quick service & fast food restaurant
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Morning shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: In person