The Director of User Experience is responsible for defining and implementing a unified customer experience across the CoConstruct platform. The Director of UX will lead customer research efforts, develop strategies for increasing user engagement, and lead a team of UX designers in implementing a best-in-class product experience for CoConstruct customers.
- Define and communicate a vision and strategy for transforming CoConstruct’s customer experience across all customer touchpoints, web, and mobile applications.
- Develop and implement efficient product research, design, and testing processes.
- Establish User Interface standards, Design System, and platform UX architecture guidelines.
- Collaborate with the executive, product, customer support, marketing, and development teams to prioritize and execute key business priorities.
- Perform user research, product design, and usability testing to ensure quality product development.
- Cultivate a high performing team by recruiting talented UX designers and building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development.
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure effectiveness and alignment with current and future product goals.
- 10+ years experience designing web and mobile applications.
- 5+ years experience leading design teams.
- Expertise in design thinking and UX fundamentals including strategy, research, usability, interaction design, and visual design.
- Experience developing application platforms and design systems.
- Strong skills in crafting effective UX flows, wireframes, and rapid prototyping.
- Proven ability to produce high-quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solution.
- Ability to apply and explain strategic business thinking to design decision making.
- Experience with visualizing data, analytics, and alerts/notifications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience applying research and analysis to product development.
- Experience with mobile interface design.
- Proven track record of cross-functional collaboration and continuous product discovery process improvement.
- Experience leading UX design teams to successful product releases. Leader with history of success working across organizational boundaries to advocate for the user and influence change.
- Project management and agile development experience.
At CoConstruct, we deliver software that transforms the lives of our users by eliminating the chaos in their days and creating rewarding building experiences for home builders and their clients. With over 100,000 users and expected 2018 growth of 50%+, your contributions on the product development team will be key for powering our mission-critical software for thousands of home builders and remodelers around the world and for bringing new features and refinements for the thousands more signing up this year.
Recently voted locally as “The Best Place to Work in Charlottesville” we care as much about our people as our customers, and it shows! Whether it’s a pancake breakfast, a video game night, a 5k mud runs, or a happy hour, there’s time to enjoy the other people who are on the mission with you. We’re already the #1 rated company in our space, and you can see how much our customers love our system and our people (https://www.softwareadvice.com/construction/co-construct-profile/).
We’re also on a strong financial footing, with 12 years of organically-fueled growth and four years running on the Inc. Magazine list of fastest growing privately held companies in the US. But, there’s so much more we can do. And that’s why we need you to join our growing team.
- CoConstruct offers an excellent benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision (we covers 100% of employee’s health care and dental premiums)
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employer-paid training for relevant skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative