The Senior Marketing Manager leads design, development, implementation, and evaluation of business-to-business marketing programs to successfully drive revenue and positively position the Company in the marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In conjunction with upper management, creates strategic marketing plans – cross matrixed to product line and market – and develops and oversees the tactical plans that will be executed to support the strategic plan. Marketing plans should include Strengths/Weaknesses/Opportunities/Threats (SWOT) analysis; competitor analysis; unique selling propositions (USPs); brand positioning statements, promotional and advertising campaigns and public relations opportunities, trade show/conferences, and sales enablement tools.
- Plans and directs brand execution in the look, feel and editorial position of all sales and marketing materials used to promote the complete suite of products and services in all mediums including, but not limited to both print and online.
- Manage prospect targeting and lead generation activities including: prospect database management, email campaigns, digital and print advertising, social media campaigns, SEO and paid search, direct mail marketing, and measurement of campaign effectiveness.
- Create, execute, and measure the impact of various marketing campaigns and initiatives including digital strategies, direct marketing/mail campaigns, and advertising and utilize data to adjust future programming.
- Collaborate with peers in Sales Management to ensure Marketing strategies align with Sales strategies, in an effort to meet mutually understood revenue goals.
- Maintain a portfolio of effective marketing materials and selling tools including brochures, case studies, presentation and proposal templates, video testimonials, eBooks, articles, guides, and infographics, ensuring all messaging is consistent and supportive of marketing plans, solicit feedback from internal and external stakeholders, and continually improve upon the toolkit to differentiate the company’s solutions.
- Manages and updates digital marketing channels including such assets as the corporate website, areas of the company intranet, certain social media channels and lead-generating landing pages and microsites.
- Research, prepare and deliver regular and ad hoc reports for keeping abreast of market trends and provides frequently scheduled and/or ad hoc reporting on market conditions to colleagues in sales, marketing, and product development.
- Develop leading and lagging metrics for which elements of the marketing plan will be measured and consistently report on the performance of key indicators to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure that all activities are on strategy and within budget, ensuring Company obtains maximum value without exceeding budget. Overall responsibility for clarity, consistency, and strategic integrity for all materials/programs. Help to manage B2B budgets and provide input to leadership for the monthly budget and projection process.
- Collaborate with Events Team to assist with brainstorming and deliver on tasks that support the overarching conference strategy including: trade show participation, related sponsorship opportunities, booth design and logistics, client hospitality events, and tracking/measurement of results.
- May or may not supervise others. As a supervisor, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Experience – 8-10 years progressively responsible marketing and brand management experience (including B2B marketing), with demonstrated success and effective performance.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with a focus on Marketing, Communications or related business field is required. An MBA/Master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment within a heavily matrixed organization.
- A strategic and creative problem solver, able to distill large amounts of information into actionable strategies, solid program execution skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- HubSpot, Salesforce.com, and SEO experience preferred