The WorldAPP Solutions Architect is a solution-focused technical professional responsible for architecting and designing solutions aimed at integrating WorldAPP’s products with the customers’ existing infrastructure as well as architecting and designing custom software solutions based on the customer business and technical requirements. The Solution Architect is expected to support the solution throughout all stages of the solution life cycle: from pre-sales and initial investigation to deployment of the solution in production and eventually post-production enhancement. The Solutions Architect should have software development experience and be skilled in areas including but not limited to: infrastructure architecture/design, web application design and development (both backend and frontend), API design and development, middleware design and development, database administration, or be able to fill any knowledge gap in a very short period of time.
- Engage with customers, prospects, and internal team members as the highest-level technology expert on the team.
- Partner with business analysts, sales engineers, sales executives, and project managers to facilitate requirements gathering and review.
- Research and maintain knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve current and future business and technical challenges.
Primary pre-Sale responsibilities
- Proactively identify new service opportunities / needs through direct client interaction, and work closely with the cross functional teams to assemble solutions that satisfy a client needs
- Assist with growing services bookings and revenue to create and expand existing customer relationships in support of the sales team.
- Assist with the delivery of value focused and results oriented Professional Services proposals, solution specifications, and other pre-sales collateral
Primary post-Sale / Delivery Responsibilities
- Lead / participate in requirements gathering sessions with the client, to understand:
- Overall and specific use cases
- Business and Technical Requirements
- Existing and Potential Infrastructure
- Existing Systems
- Pain Points
- Analyze and translate of business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions which achieve the desired business objectives.
- Recommend and implement solutions based on best practices, architecture principles and rational sense
- Produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project in conjunction with the client enterprise architecture, application, and infrastructure teams. Oversee the implementation of the high-level design as deliverable solutions.
- Develop enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems, and platforms.
- Propose changes in process, policy, and standards as they relate to software architecture and design principles.
- Produce architecture artifacts (i.e. design specs, architectural diagrams, infrastructure design, etc.) pertaining to the various components of the architected solutions
- Lead / coordinate / direct vendors or other resources on the delivery of sub-components of the solution
- Provide guidance during the client testing and support phase in terms of identifying bugs and potential solution enhancements
- Document and provide feedback to Product Management/Development based upon client acceptance and overall satisfaction with the solution
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years of experience in multiple IT areas, or 5+ years of relevant architecture experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of architecture, application design, systems engineering and integration. Ability to describe, compare, and contrast alternative solutions.
- Experience participating in client solutions development sessions to recommend project scope and phasing
- Excellent understanding of SaaS architecture and technologies
- Experience working with cross-functional technical teams including Product Management, Development, Sales, and Pre-sales
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify process gaps
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities
- Interface with customers, colleagues, management, and project stakeholders, as needed, to ensure overall project success
- Optimally, has a balanced combination of large corporate and small, entrepreneurial company background.
- 5+ years of formal, hands-on development experience
- Proficiency in Java (preferred, or other web application backend programming technology)
- Familiarity in .Net is a plus
- Proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity in JSON, XML, CSS and HTML
- Working with REST and SOAP APIs
- Knowledge of SFTP and other file exchange protocols
- Single Sign On protocols (SAML, OAuth)
- Performance profiling and optimization
- Knowledge of Encryption fundamentals
- Understanding/experience of key concepts and terminologies for common SDLC (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, etc)
- Experience with creating and executing testing scripts and scenarios for functional / smoke / load testing
- Experience with code documentation (i.e. sequence diagrams, UML diagrams, ability to create sample files)
- Experience and knowledge of combination of frontend, middleware and backend solution architecture
- Experience with Container technologies and Dev Operations frameworks and practices
Job Type: Full-time
- multiple IT areas: 8 years