WHO WE ARE
AgReliant Genetics is a leader in seed research, production, and quality focused on providing trusted seed solutions that help farmers grow.
Created July 1, 2000 as a joint venture between two of the world’s largest independent seed companies, KWS and Limagrain, AgReliant Genetics is now one of the fastest growing independent seed companies in the industry, ranked as the third largest corn seed company in the U.S., and operates one of the largest research programs in North America.
At AgReliant Genetics we have a unique multi-brand strategy that gives farmers across the U.S. and in Canada access to our products, regardless of geographical location or operation size. Through our seed brands – AgriGold®, LG Seeds® and PRIDE Seeds® – and our digital ag platform Advantage Acre®, AgReliant Genetics demonstrates commitment to our vision by developing meaningful relationships, delivering valuable seed solutions, and providing an excellent customer experience.
OUR CULTURE & OUR PEOPLE
AgReliant Genetics is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. At every level, our people are an essential part in maintaining our values and furthering our growth. We pursue individuals who demonstrate commitment, excellence, integrity, safety and innovation in their work.
At AgReliant Genetics you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value our employees’ passion and believe in giving people the space to navigate challenges, invent solutions and excel in a rewarding career.
You can learn more about AgReliant Genetics and our brands at agreliantgenetics.com or by following @AgReliant on Facebook and Twitter.
Responsible for managing day-to-day corporate legal affairs and governance, overseeing compliance department, participating in executive management activities, managing the intellectual property portfolio, selecting and supervising outside counsel and serving as the legal contact for the legal departments of the parent companies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the Legal and Compliance Department.
2. Provide advice and legal support on a wide variety of business transactions, including, but not limited to, commercial transactions, employee relations, M&A and IP licensing.
3. Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provides continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications of all matters.
4. Leads the corporate governance function.
5. Manage the AgReliant patent and trademark portfolio.
6. Review documentation from all departments to ensure compliance with contract terms and other legal requirements.
7. Oversee and manage litigations.
8. Oversee AgReliant Record Retention Program.
9. Coordinate similar legal tasks for the Canadian sister company AgReliant Genetics Inc.
10. Project a positive image of AgReliant Genetics.
11. Maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism.
12. Participate in other corporate projects as needed (mergers, acquisition and sale of property, financing, collection efforts, etc.).
13. Other duties as needed.
Duties and responsibilities may be revised as needed by Leadership.
Current Indiana bar admission or admission in another jurisdiction with the ability to become licensed to practice law in Indiana.
J.D. with at least seven years of relevant work experience; strong background in contract law; knowledge of intellectual property law and technology licensing; international legal exposure (Canada, France, Germany) preferred but not required; excellent communication skills, team player; detail orientated; good computer skills – Word and Internet; knowledge of agriculture and seed industry operations desirable.
Ability to work required hours; some overnight domestic and international travel required; must meet MVR requirements.
AgReliant Genetics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value and openly welcome diversity at AgReliant. Diversity and inclusion is a key part of our strategy for long-term success.