- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited university or equivalent education and experience, and
- At least five years of recent relevant network administration experience, with a progression in responsibility.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Track record of a successful leadership of projects and operations in an enterprise IT organization.
- Demonstrated leadership and project and personnel management skills.
- Self-managed, making and keeping commitments and meeting deadlines.
- Results oriented approach with an eye toward “getting the details right”.
- A willingness to develop new technologies and curiosity to learn new ones.
- Windows OS (2003-2016), Exchange Server, MS SQL Server, AD Design, VMware virtualization.
- Networking Experience – Configuration of Cisco switches/firewalls/network equipment. Familiarity with Cisco switches a plus.
- Cisco Call Manager, Unified Communications, Call Center
- Callabrio, Finesse, and other call center management software
- Familiarity with SAN storage administration in a Windows Server environment.
- Demonstrated experience installing, upgrading and configuring applications within a Microsoft Server environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise discretion, and use independent judgment.
- Strong communications skills.
- Performance tuning SQL queries for massive, high-availability deployments.
- Microsoft SCCM
Job Type: Contract
- Network Administration: 6 years (Required)