The Structural Group, Ltd. (TSG) is seeking an experienced BIM Manager/Revit Modeler. The ideal candidate shall have experience working with structural projects for at least the past five years. Candidate will be able to develop 3-D Revit Structural models for various building types and structures, including framed in steel, masonry, concrete, and wood from Architectural Revit models and AutoCAD drawing files. Responsive candidates shall have a strong ability to use the Revit model to develop an accurate and well-coordinated set of structural drawings that contain plans, elevations, sections, and details. Experience with AutoCAD as well is preferred. Company sponsored education advancement is available.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Technical Responsibilities and Characteristics:
- Ability to develop a 3-D Revit model that can be used to produce a set of accurate and well-coordinated structural construction documents.
- Prepare and maintain BIM models, including maintenance of referenced architectural models, BIM file management, and file transfer protocols, to allow simultaneous production by a large multi-person team without loss of productivity.
- Proficient in creating custom Revit families, as well as schedules to enhance productivity.
- Maintain and organize TSG Standard Detail Libraries in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Understand the practice of Structural Engineering, project delivery & construction methods.
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure, to manage deadlines, and prioritize assignments.
- Motivated to advance the firm and advance your professional growth.
- Associate’s Degree in Architectural/Structural drafting or equivalent.
- Formal, classroom training in Revit with structural emphasis.
BIM Team Leadership & Management:
- Track new software and technology trends and work with the team to bring in new skills and tools, both within and beyond Revit.
- Help teach engineers and new technicians the software skills necessary to be successful in their jobs.
- Collaborate with Clients to develop project BIM Execution Plans and facilitate their implementation into projects, and to coordinate structural/architectural model protocols for more efficient cleanup and integration.
The Structural Group, Ltd. is a talented award-winning 10-person engineering firm with a relaxed but self-driven, collaborative work environment. Our work is diverse and challenging. Our salaries and benefits are competitive. Projects range including multi-unit residential, commercial, education, institutional, industrial and historic restoration.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33.00 - $39.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- AutoCad drafting not including coursework: 5 years (Required)
- Revit modeling of structures not including coursework: 5 years (Preferred)
- Revit modeling not including coursework: 3 years (Required)
- structural drafting not including coursework: 5 years (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19